Too fast for the conditions/mode of transport

Old March 27th 14, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Too fast for the conditions/mode of transport

Richard Gummery, 45, was pedalling downhill at 30mph but didn’t spot the
massive crater - which was 18 inches long and 5inches deep.

The father-of-one - who cycles 70 miles a week - was catapulted off his
bike and suffered a broken elbow as well as multiple cuts to his face
and head.

'I had my lights on but I didn’t see the pothole.

'I decided to go down Knocker Hill Lane which is a country road and was
going downhill so probably going at 30mph when I hit the pothole.

Shocking pictures taken at Hereford County Hospital’s A&E show Mr
Gummery's face caked in blood following the painful fall.

He needed an emergency three-hour operation and spent two nights in
hospital before being sent home in a plaster cast to recover.

'People pay their council taxes and all you ask is they collect the bins
on time and keep the roads tidy.
(I smell a compo claim.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ampaign=149 0
Old March 27th 14, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

'People pay their council taxes and all you ask is they collect the bins
on time and keep the roads tidy.

Given this idiot's obvious lack of awareness, we can forgive him for not
understanding what the majority of Council Tax is spent on.

Old March 27th 14, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave-Cyclists VORT

On 27/03/2014 16:52, Mrcheerful wrote:
Richard Gummery, 45, was pedalling downhill at 30mph but didn’t spot the
massive crater - which was 18 inches long and 5inches deep.

That was lucky, it could have damaged a car.

The father-of-one - who cycles 70 miles a week - was catapulted off his
bike and suffered a broken elbow as well as multiple cuts to his face
and head.

'I had my lights on but I didn’t see the pothole.

'I decided to go down Knocker Hill Lane which is a country road and was
going downhill so probably going at 30mph when I hit the pothole.

Shocking pictures taken at Hereford County Hospital’s A&E show Mr
Gummery's face caked in blood following the painful fall.

He needed an emergency three-hour operation and spent two nights in
hospital before being sent home in a plaster cast to recover.

'People pay their council taxes and all you ask is they collect the bins
on time and keep the roads tidy.
(I smell a compo claim.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ampaign=149 0

Perhaps if he paid Road Tax he might have cause to complain. But since
he is a sponging freeloader, he should keep quiet.

--
Dave-Cyclists VORT
Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they