Cyclists should at least pass a minimum sense test

Old August 5th 15, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclists should at least pass a minimum sense test

Faulty brakes
overloaded
hill
speed bump
no helmet

all together equals stone dead.

Nice looking goat though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...losing-6194195
Old August 5th 15, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Faulty brakes
overloaded
hill
speed bump
no helmet

all together equals stone dead.

Nice looking goat though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...losing-6194195

I could carry many, many more than 80 phone books in my viable transport
without any problems at all.
I wouldn't even worry about hitting a pothole or speed bump, either.
My brakes have to be tested at least once a year, too.

Old August 5th 15, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 05/08/2015 09:48, Tarcap wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Faulty brakes
overloaded
hill
speed bump
no helmet

all together equals stone dead.

Nice looking goat though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...losing-6194195

I could carry many, many more than 80 phone books in my viable transport
without any problems at all.
I wouldn't even worry about hitting a pothole or speed bump, either.
My brakes have to be tested at least once a year, too.

But do you wear a helmet?
Old August 5th 15, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

On 05/08/2015 09:48, Tarcap wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Faulty brakes
overloaded
hill
speed bump
no helmet

all together equals stone dead.

Nice looking goat though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...losing-6194195

I could carry many, many more than 80 phone books in my viable transport
without any problems at all.
I wouldn't even worry about hitting a pothole or speed bump, either.
My brakes have to be tested at least once a year, too.

Glad you are immune!

Potholes are a major factor in causing axle & suspension failure, which
costs British motorists an estimated £2.8 billion every year.
Old August 5th 15, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Bod" wrote in message ...

On 05/08/2015 09:48, Tarcap wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Faulty brakes
overloaded
hill
speed bump
no helmet

all together equals stone dead.

Nice looking goat though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...losing-6194195

I could carry many, many more than 80 phone books in my viable transport
without any problems at all.
I wouldn't even worry about hitting a pothole or speed bump, either.
My brakes have to be tested at least once a year, too.

But do you wear a helmet?

Don't need to - my viable transport has crumple zones, seat belts with
pre-tensioners and front and side air bags.
Do you have those on your bike?

Old August 5th 15, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 05/08/2015 11:55, Tarcap wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message ...

On 05/08/2015 09:48, Tarcap wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Faulty brakes
overloaded
hill
speed bump
no helmet

all together equals stone dead.

Nice looking goat though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...losing-6194195

I could carry many, many more than 80 phone books in my viable transport
without any problems at all.
I wouldn't even worry about hitting a pothole or speed bump, either.
My brakes have to be tested at least once a year, too.

But do you wear a helmet?

Don't need to - my viable transport has crumple zones, seat belts with
pre-tensioners and front and side air bags.
Do you have those on your bike?

Yes and a parachute.
Old August 5th 15, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"colwyn" wrote in message ...

On 05/08/2015 09:48, Tarcap wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Faulty brakes
overloaded
hill
speed bump
no helmet

all together equals stone dead.

Nice looking goat though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...losing-6194195

I could carry many, many more than 80 phone books in my viable transport
without any problems at all.
I wouldn't even worry about hitting a pothole or speed bump, either.
My brakes have to be tested at least once a year, too.

Glad you are immune!

Potholes are a major factor in causing axle & suspension failure, which
costs British motorists an estimated £2.8 billion every year.

I have never been thrown to the ground from my car after hitting a pothole
or speed hump.
Even in the event of any possible future suspension damage (Hasn't happened
yet, despite very high mileage over the course of my life so far),
I would find that much preferable to suffering brain damage, although in
fairness I can understand why that won't be of too much concern to you
psycholists.

Old August 5th 15, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Bod" wrote in message ...

On 05/08/2015 09:48, Tarcap wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Faulty brakes
overloaded
hill
speed bump
no helmet

all together equals stone dead.

Nice looking goat though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...losing-6194195

I could carry many, many more than 80 phone books in my viable transport
without any problems at all.
I wouldn't even worry about hitting a pothole or speed bump, either.
My brakes have to be tested at least once a year, too.

But do you wear a helmet?

Don't need to - my viable transport has crumple zones, seat belts with
pre-tensioners and front and side air bags.
Do you have those on your bike?

Yes and a parachute.

Ok, back to lying then as usual.
Oh well.

Old August 5th 15, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

"Bod" wrote in message ...

[...]

Have you ever experienced humour or attempted to laugh at any juncture
in your life?
Try it, it's very therapuetic and can help with your demons.
Old August 5th 15, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Bod" wrote in message ...

[...]

I find myself laughing quite often when perusing this NG in particular.