199* campagnolo clipless pedals. what shoes do I need?

Old January 30th 05, 09:27 PM

Default 199* campagnolo clipless pedals. what shoes do I need?

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a second hand bike equiped with 199(4-5) campagnolo
group. Since this are my first clipless pedals and there seems to be a
lot of different types available I am a bit lost about the type of
these pedals. What shoes do I need for them? Photos are he
http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_bici/
(http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_b.../dscf0045.html). Can I
hope to find new shoes of this type? Or my only hope is to find
second-hand ones?

Thank you, Len

Old January 30th 05, 09:47 PM
bfd

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a second hand bike equiped with 199(4-5) campagnolo
group. Since this are my first clipless pedals and there seems to be a
lot of different types available I am a bit lost about the type of
these pedals. What shoes do I need for them? Photos are he
http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_bici/
(http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_b.../dscf0045.html). Can I
hope to find new shoes of this type? Or my only hope is to find
second-hand ones?

Looks like any "road" shoe that fits a Look-type cleat will work!

Old January 30th 05, 10:01 PM
A Muzi

I recently bought a second hand bike equiped with 199(4-5) campagnolo
group. Since this are my first clipless pedals and there seems to be a
lot of different types available I am a bit lost about the type of
these pedals. What shoes do I need for them? Photos are he
http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_bici/
(http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_b.../dscf0045.html). Can I
hope to find new shoes of this type? Or my only hope is to find
second-hand ones?

Without a doubt the most common clipless road pedal system
ever - standard Look. Cleats are available in normal
non-rotating or an optional rotational model at every road
shop. The Look cleats fit nearly every road shoe as many
other makers have adopted the Look 3-bolt format.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old January 30th 05, 11:26 PM
Tom Sherman

A Muzi wrote:

wrote:

I recently bought a second hand bike equiped with 199(4-5) campagnolo
group. Since this are my first clipless pedals and there seems to be a
lot of different types available I am a bit lost about the type of
these pedals. What shoes do I need for them? Photos are he
http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_bici/
(http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_b.../dscf0045.html). Can I
hope to find new shoes of this type? Or my only hope is to find
second-hand ones?

Without a doubt the most common clipless road pedal system ever -
standard Look. Cleats are available in normal non-rotating or an
optional rotational model at every road shop. The Look cleats fit
nearly every road shoe as many other makers have adopted the Look 3-bolt
format.

I wonder if more road cyclists use Look cleats or SPuD M/S "mountain"
cleats?

I like ducks, but I prefer not to walk like one.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Old January 31st 05, 04:41 AM
RonSonic

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:26:54 -0600, Tom Sherman wrote:

A Muzi wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I've used Looks since they first appeared. But I've been fooling with SPDs in my
recent CX obsession and am liking them. Easier to clip in and a generally more
robust and rugged feel to them without really weighing much more.

Ron

Old January 31st 05, 05:51 AM

Mari Len Corciovei writes:

I recently bought a second hand bike equipped with 199(4-5)
campagnolo group. Since this are my first clipless pedals and there
seems to be a lot of different types available I am a bit lost about
the type of these pedals. What shoes do I need for them? Photos are
he

http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_bici/
http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_b.../dscf0045.html

Can I hope to find new shoes of this type? Or my only hope is to
find second-hand ones?

Looks like Look pedals with a Campagnolo logo on them to me. Have you
tried your shoes on standard Look pedals? I suspect there is no
problems there where you see one.

Jobst Brandt

Old January 31st 05, 02:10 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Tom- I wonder if more road cyclists use Look cleats or SPuD M/S "mountain"
cleats?
BRBR

I say0-around here, altho many use MTB shoes for their road bike, most use road
pedals and shoes. Most common is Look, then SP, then Time.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old February 2nd 05, 08:03 AM
ToolowTwo

In article .com,
wrote:

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a second hand bike equiped with 199(4-5) campagnolo
group. Since this are my first clipless pedals and there seems to be a
lot of different types available I am a bit lost about the type of
these pedals. What shoes do I need for them? Photos are he
http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_bici/
(http://len.is-a-geek.org/photo/new_b.../dscf0045.html). Can I
hope to find new shoes of this type? Or my only hope is to find
second-hand ones?

Thank you, Len

Any shoe which is Look compatible will be fine. The Campy cleats will
not fit any pedal other than a Campy pedal but they attach to the shoe
using the Look drilled mounting holes.

That said, they early to mid -90's Campy pedals were in fact re-labelled
Look pedals.

You may have Campy pedals, you may have Look pedals that say Campy.
They both use cleats that mount to the Look drilled holes on your shoe
but in fact are different cleats.

If you have Look cleats try those first before buying the Campy cleats,
the Campy cleats are expensive. No need to buy them if you don't need
to.
Old February 2nd 05, 02:15 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Jim- That said, they early to mid -90's Campy pedals were in fact re-labelled

Look pedals. BRBR

Sort of. The Record pedals had pedal spindles/bearings made by Campagnolo, then
installed into LOOK bodies.

In the era of LOOK/Campagnolo pedals, you could use a LOOK cleat. When the
ProFit came out, that indeed is a unique to this pedal cleat.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old February 2nd 05, 10:07 PM
John Thompson

On 2005-02-02, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Jim- That said, they early to mid -90's Campy pedals were in fact
re-labelled Look pedals.

Sort of. The Record pedals had pedal spindles/bearings made by Campagnolo,
then installed into LOOK bodies.

Are you sure? The Campy/Look pedals I have show no indication of being
anything other than Looks with a slightly different body style. Same with
my Shimano/Looks from the same era.

http://www.os2.dhs.org/~john/look-look.jpg
http://www.os2.dhs.org/~john/campy-look.jpg
http://www.os2.dhs.org/~john/shimano-look.jpg

--

-John )

Shoes for clipless pedals Atri I General 10 November 11th 04 06:08 AM
Clipless pedals and shoes paul UK 13 April 22nd 04 09:54 PM
Clipless pedals: lets beat a dead horse... Destroy Mountain Biking 19 August 13th 03 06:35 PM
shoes and pedals Pete Biggs UK 10 August 9th 03 12:36 PM