testing

Old March 21st 05, 03:53 AM
Tom Sherman

john wrote:

Pie Charts

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..., Pie.

Homer Simpson

Old March 21st 05, 06:48 AM
john

Default testing

Pie Charts

Old March 21st 05, 11:11 AM
Maggie

Tom Sherman wrote:
john wrote:

Pie Charts

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..., Pie.

Homer Simpson

It's Monday morning, back to work. Pie sounds good. Can I borrow
50,000 from someone for the wedding my daughter is planning.

I think I need pie, because between college tuitions, and weddings I am
going to be working until I am dead. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm PIE!!!!

I looked at the Trek Navigator, I looked at my daughters plans for her
dream wedding, I looked at the Trek Navigator, I looked at my youngest
sons college tuition bill, I looked at the Trek Navigator........and
walked out the door without it.

This summer I do not get the bike of my dreams. Maybe next summer when
the wedding is over (June 2006) and the youngest graduates and starts
teaching, (also June 2006). Maybe then I can buy the bike. HOPEFULLY.

One of my three kids better give me a grandchild soon. I want one
before I am so old I can't enjoy one. Why did I get married so young?
Why did I raise three kids? My reward is supposed to be
grandchildren. :-)

All Good things,
Maggie.

Old March 21st 05, 11:42 AM
Tom Sherman

Maggie wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

john wrote:

[...]

Maggie,

Drop one item from your daughter's wedding plans and get the bike.

Statistically speaking, she may well get divorced in a few years, while
even a low level Trek bicycle will only require replacing items like
tires, brake pads, and cables/housings for many years if properly
maintained and not abused.

You should seriously reconsider my extension ladder suggestion.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Old March 21st 05, 12:48 PM
Maggie

Tom Sherman wrote:
Maggie wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

john wrote:

[...]

I am trying to justify buying the bike, but I can't do it. I sometimes
look at people who stayed single, have no kids and can have all the
toys they want. I wonder if I envy them or feel sorry for them. I
can't even imagine making decisions with no one in mind except myself.
I have been married since I turned 20. I can't remember a life where I
did not have to take someone else into consideration before doing
something. Parenting is forever. No matter what anyone says. I thought
it ended when they became adults, but it never ends. And I guess that's
the way it was meant to be. There is nothing in the world as life
changing as having children. But, it is the most important thing I have
ever done, it is the best thing I did, and I would not go back and
change a thing. If I fail at parenting, I've failed at the most
important thing in life. My kids and I all grew up together. Maybe I
can't have a bike right now, but I will have that bike next summer.
YES I WILL.
All Good Things,
Maggie...leaving the Navigator behind for this year.

Old March 21st 05, 03:40 PM
Neil Brooks

"Maggie" wrote:

I am trying to justify buying the bike, but I can't do it. I sometimes
look at people who stayed single, have no kids and can have all the
toys they want. I wonder if I envy them or feel sorry for them. I
can't even imagine making decisions with no one in mind except myself.

As long as you don't buy into the claptrap that people who choose not
to have children are, by definition, more selfish than parents, I
won't jump up on a high horse. Bear in mind: nobody *has* children
for *anybody* other than *themselves*. It is a selfish act.
Adoption, IMHO, far less so.

I have been married since I turned 20. I can't remember a life where I
did not have to take someone else into consideration before doing
something. Parenting is forever. No matter what anyone says. I thought
it ended when they became adults, but it never ends. And I guess that's
the way it was meant to be. There is nothing in the world as life
changing as having children. But, it is the most important thing I have
ever done, it is the best thing I did, and I would not go back and
change a thing. If I fail at parenting, I've failed at the most
important thing in life. My kids and I all grew up together. Maybe I
can't have a bike right now, but I will have that bike next summer.
YES I WILL.
All Good Things,
Maggie...leaving the Navigator behind for this year.

If you're *really* budgeting something *near* the $50k figure that you
quoted for your daughter's wedding . . . .

I side with Tom: get a bike. You wanna get your daughter a
*fantastic* gift? Be the healthiest, happiest gramma that you can be
for her kids.

Get a bike.

Old March 21st 05, 04:24 PM
Maggie

Neil Brooks wrote:
"Maggie" wrote:

I am trying to justify buying the bike, but I can't do it. I

sometimes
look at people who stayed single, have no kids and can have all the
toys they want. I wonder if I envy them or feel sorry for them. I
can't even imagine making decisions with no one in mind except

myself.

As long as you don't buy into the claptrap that people who choose not
to have children are, by definition, more selfish than parents, I
won't jump up on a high horse. Bear in mind: nobody *has* children
for *anybody* other than *themselves*. It is a selfish act.
Adoption, IMHO, far less so.

I did not say people who choose not to have children are selfish. Some
people should definately not have children. You have them if you
really want them. I have seen people have a child just for the sake of
HAVING ONE!! I think that's selfish. Like it's something they were
supposed to do because everyone else was doing it. Or because they
wanted a little clone of themself.

I had children because I wanted them. I wanted to be a mother. I
always wanted to be a mother. I think people who do not want children
should not have them.

We all make our own life choices and I respect whatever choice that is
(unless you hurt someone in the process).

I think we all know our own nature and our nature leads us to decisions
we make. Sometimes we ignore our own nature and do things because it's
what we are supposed to do. I really wanted to be a mother. I don't
regret it. It's one of the few things I think I did well. My kids had
their ups and downs, but they always knew they were loved through even
the worst of times.

I'll look at the bike again. Maybe I will buy it before the check
writing for the wedding puts me in the poor house. It is a GREAT
BIKE!!!

All Good Things,
Maggie

Old March 21st 05, 07:07 PM
Tom Keats

In article .com,
"Maggie" writes:

I am trying to justify buying the bike, but I can't do it.

Just liquidate that beater car with the busted seat
you were recently driving, and put the money towards
the Trek Navigator.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old March 21st 05, 07:21 PM
Mike Latondresse

"Maggie" wrote in
ups.com:

It's Monday morning, back to work. Pie sounds good. Can I borrow
50,000 from someone for the wedding my daughter is planning.

What would you do with 50,000 pies at a wedding?
Old March 21st 05, 07:23 PM
Rich

Maggie wrote:

It is a GREAT
BIKE!!!

It's pretty much equivalent to the one you bought from the LBS last
year. So you already have a GREAT bike.

Just ride it.

Rich

Eliminate Dope Testing in Pro Cycling Kiem Madvanen Racing 22 December 9th 04 10:01 PM
Eliminate Dope Testing in Pro Cycling Kiem Madvanen Racing 0 December 3rd 04 01:06 AM
Lactate testing / training [email protected] Racing 18 July 18th 04 08:37 PM
Drug Testing Tom Kunich Racing 6 May 3rd 04 03:37 AM
LT, VO2 max testing in southampton, uk wardie2000 UK 4 December 9th 03 01:28 PM