Viscount Seat Question

Old August 15th 05, 06:22 PM
paul_g

Default Viscount Seat Question

Does anyone know if the standard Viscount seat ($24 on UDC) has a cover
that can be removed and replaced?

I would love to do the airseat conversion with a bicycle tube, but when
I tried to remove the "cover" off the standard Sun saddle, I discovered
the hard way that the foam is one-piece.

Thanks in advance...

Paul

--
paul_g
paul_g's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10136

Old August 15th 05, 07:03 PM
goldenchicken II

Sure, the foam is in one-piece also on the Viscount. But you can make a
cut (horizontal) along the middle, put in a 12" tube and place the foam
piece back on top of it all. Then you can stretch a KH Fusion cover over
the saddle. At least that is what I have done.

Here is a 'thread' (http://tinyurl.com/6cokp) where pdc shows how he did
it.

--
goldenchicken II - There is more to cycling

Olaf Johansson

www.enhjulingsfolket.se
www.muni.se
goldenchicken II's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10248

Old August 15th 05, 10:19 PM
peter.bier

The standard viscount cover does not take too kindly to being removed
and replaced. I've done it before in order to fix spinning bolts and it
was never quite the same afterwards.

Also from memory the foam is actually glued to the seat base so it will
take careful prising to remove it.

When removing the cover you also have to pull it off areas where it is
glued down. When you remount the cover the bumpers help to hold it down
but it is going to look fairly wrinkly unless you reglue it.

Have you tried an airseat yet? Some people rave about them but I
personally favour the UDC gel saddle over my air seat. It takes a lot
of fiddling to get an air seat just right. You will probably end up
removing and remounting stuff serveral times to get the set up
comfortable so it is advisable to have something like a fusion cover to
make the continual mounting and remounting less of a pain.

--
peter.bier - Posting since 97

-Peter Bier

peter.bier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1506

Old August 16th 05, 02:24 AM
paul_g

Thanks! I guess the Viscount seat isn't really suitable. I couldn't
find the UDC gel seat on the site. Where is it?

Seat question uni412 Unicycling 8 November 19th 04 11:45 AM
Technical seat position question curt General 8 May 10th 04 10:49 PM
seat question Micheal Artindale Mountain Biking 8 March 24th 04 02:26 AM
Seat out vs. seat in (disregard the last one) gerblefranklin Unicycling 5 October 16th 03 01:33 AM
chinese legs ubersquish Unicycling 10 August 22nd 03 10:00 AM