Stations let cyclists adjust, repair bikes - Wyoming, Ohio (Cincinnati suburb)

Old May 31st 14, 01:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Garrison Hilliard

Default Stations let cyclists adjust, repair bikes - Wyoming, Ohio (Cincinnati suburb)

Cyclists have a place to stop for adjustments and minor repairs in
Wyoming, with the addition of two bicycle service stations.

The stations, at the corner of Springfield Pike and Wyoming Avenue,
and
along the Hike and Bike Trail at the Wyoming Recreation Center,
were
installed by the Wyoming Ohio Cycling Foundation.

A $4,000 grant from the Levin Family Foundation paid for the
stations,
which provide a bike mount on which cyclists can change tires, fix
chains and perform tune-ups with an attached tool kit, according to
Wyoming resident Scott Litwin, who is a member of the cycling club.

The bright green station includes a rack to rest the bicycle for
tire
inflation with an attached pressure gauge pump.

"The stations are available for use by the public," said Litwin,
who
had seen similar stations at the University of Oregon, last year.

"I noticed several bicycle service stations and thought they would
make
a great addition to our community," he said.

The Wyoming cycling club contacted the City of Wyoming to determine
their placement.

"We selected the location on Springfield Pike in front of the Half
Day
Cafe due to its visibility and its access to passing cyclists
whether
those cyclists are Wyoming residents or commuters," Litwin said.
"We
selected the location at the Hike and Bike Trail so it would be
available to families utilizing the trail."

They've already come in handy, he said.

"One of our own members arrived back in Wyoming with a flat tire
after
a morning ride," Litwin said, "and was able to use the station to
change his tire, which allowed him to then ride home.

"The Foundation's mission of promoting safe cycling fits nicely
with
the City of Wyoming's efforts to support healthy families and its
participation in the `Let's Move, Wyoming' program."

Read or Share this story:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...tions-let-cycl
ists-adjust-repair-bikes/9763453/

Old May 31st 14, 03:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

anything for the jets on muh Webers ?
Old May 31st 14, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/31/2014 9:49 AM, wrote:
anything for the jets on muh Webers ?

Yes. I have some sealed new complete rebuild sets for DCOE
Weber but since we moved I have absolutely no idea where
those might be. Ask me later.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 31st 14, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Infrequently out of stock or no longer available scenes pop into remembered dreams. Ah, a lightning bolt ! The Ntional Doppler is just beeeutiful ! Have you planted your Fiskbee's ?

anyway, last was zero availability for floats. Before that, brake shoes, then ...

The Wyoming station is manned by Homeland Security.

Old June 1st 14, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Saturday, May 31, 2014 5:30:49 AM UTC-7, Garrison Hilliard wrote:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...bikes/9763453/

Something happening in Cincinnati :-)

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a32e07b958fc42631514251b8e350b3443cb5b68/c=30-0-1249-914&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/Cincinnati/2014/05/30/bikestation.jpg

http://www.dero.com/products/fixit/

Nice!
Old June 1st 14, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/shtSpM