100°F

Old March 16th 07, 10:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

Default 100°F

I'm packing for a trip to Colorado and a bud calls up and wants to ride so
"yes" says I. It's 10:30 in the freaking morning, it's still winter and I'm
sweating bullets....Look at the bike computer and it's reading 100°F.
Actual air temp was probably 90F but in the direct sun it was warming up.
By Wednesday it's suppose to be back to normal....80F.

Good day for a ride. We saw 6 other bikers, 2 that we knew (riding rigid
ss) and only 4 hikers.

Life is good.

Gary

Old March 16th 07, 11:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 16, 1:02 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
I'm packing for a trip to Colorado and a bud calls up and wants to ride so
"yes" says I. It's 10:30 in the freaking morning, it's still winter and I'm
sweating bullets....Look at the bike computer and it's reading 100°F.
Actual air temp was probably 90F but in the direct sun it was warming up.
By Wednesday it's suppose to be back to normal....80F.

Good day for a ride. We saw 6 other bikers, 2 that we knew (riding rigid
ss) and only 4 hikers.

Life is good.

Gary

Spring seems to be springing hotter this year.

JD

Old March 17th 07, 12:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

JD wrote:
On Mar 16, 1:02 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
I'm packing for a trip to Colorado and a bud calls up and wants to ride so
"yes" says I. It's 10:30 in the freaking morning, it's still winter and I'm
sweating bullets....Look at the bike computer and it's reading 100°F.
Actual air temp was probably 90F but in the direct sun it was warming up.
By Wednesday it's suppose to be back to normal....80F.

Good day for a ride. We saw 6 other bikers, 2 that we knew (riding rigid
ss) and only 4 hikers.

Life is good.

Gary

Spring seems to be springing hotter this year.

JD

Bomby 74 here, hotter tomorrow.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 17th 07, 12:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

On Mar 16, 4:11 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
JD wrote:
On Mar 16, 1:02 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
I'm packing for a trip to Colorado and a bud calls up and wants to ride so
"yes" says I. It's 10:30 in the freaking morning, it's still winter and I'm
sweating bullets....Look at the bike computer and it's reading 100°F.
Actual air temp was probably 90F but in the direct sun it was warming up.
By Wednesday it's suppose to be back to normal....80F.

Good day for a ride. We saw 6 other bikers, 2 that we knew (riding rigid
ss) and only 4 hikers.

Life is good.

Gary

Spring seems to be springing hotter this year.

JD

Bomby 74 here, hotter tomorrow.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws- Hide quoted text -

Poochums, where are you? Are you not in Colorado? I'll cry if you are
not here!!

Old March 17th 07, 01:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0

"GeeDubb" wrote in message
I'm packing for a trip to Colorado and a bud calls up and wants to ride so
"yes" says I. It's 10:30 in the freaking morning, it's still winter and
I'm sweating bullets....Look at the bike computer and it's reading 100°F.
Actual air temp was probably 90F but in the direct sun it was warming up.
By Wednesday it's suppose to be back to normal....80F.

Good day for a ride. We saw 6 other bikers, 2 that we knew (riding rigid
ss) and only 4 hikers.

Life is good.

Gary

Here's to global warming.

Old March 17th 07, 02:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Mar 16, 3:02 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
I'm packing for a trip to Colorado and a bud calls up and wants to ride so
"yes" says I. It's 10:30 in the freaking morning, it's still winter and I'm
sweating bullets....Look at the bike computer and it's reading 100°F.
Actual air temp was probably 90F but in the direct sun it was warming up.
By Wednesday it's suppose to be back to normal....80F.

Good day for a ride. We saw 6 other bikers, 2 that we knew (riding rigid
ss) and only 4 hikers.

Life is good.

Gary

Jimminy Christmas Gary, that's even crazy for Phoenix. Its 30's at
night, 60's in the day, here. Love it.

CDB

Old March 17th 07, 06:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Shawn

GeeDubb wrote:
I'm packing for a trip to Colorado and a bud calls up and wants to ride
so "yes" says I. It's 10:30 in the freaking morning, it's still winter
and I'm sweating bullets....Look at the bike computer and it's reading
100°F. Actual air temp was probably 90F but in the direct sun it was
warming up. By Wednesday it's suppose to be back to normal....80F.

Good day for a ride. We saw 6 other bikers, 2 that we knew (riding
rigid ss) and only 4 hikers.

Life is good.

I'm lovin' March. I'm a little concerned about August though.
Some fuel for the fire ;-)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0316164359.htm

Shawn
Old March 17th 07, 02:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Bellsouth Ijit 2.0" wrote in message
ink.net...

"GeeDubb" wrote in message
I'm packing for a trip to Colorado and a bud calls up and wants to ride
so "yes" says I. It's 10:30 in the freaking morning, it's still winter
and I'm sweating bullets....Look at the bike computer and it's reading
100°F. Actual air temp was probably 90F but in the direct sun it was
warming up. By Wednesday it's suppose to be back to normal....80F.

Good day for a ride. We saw 6 other bikers, 2 that we knew (riding rigid
ss) and only 4 hikers.

Life is good.

Gary

Here's to global warming.

BS. We didn't break any records. The record for yesterday was 95F set back
in 1920 something.

Here's to cyclic conditions is more like it.

Gary

Old March 17th 07, 02:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Paladin" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 16, 3:02 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
I'm packing for a trip to Colorado and a bud calls up and wants to ride so
"yes" says I. It's 10:30 in the freaking morning, it's still winter and
I'm
sweating bullets....Look at the bike computer and it's reading 100°F.
Actual air temp was probably 90F but in the direct sun it was warming up.
By Wednesday it's suppose to be back to normal....80F.

Good day for a ride. We saw 6 other bikers, 2 that we knew (riding rigid
ss) and only 4 hikers.

Life is good.

Gary

Jimminy Christmas Gary, that's even crazy for Phoenix. Its 30's at
night, 60's in the day, here. Love it.

CDB

Yea but......it's in the 60's at night! Finally broke down and turned on
the evap cooler last night....then woke up freezing my butt off. Things
work really well when humidity is 10%.

Now off to freeze my butt off in Colorado.

Gary (be back in a week)

Old March 19th 07, 08:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

GeeDubb wrote:
I'm packing for a trip to Colorado and a bud calls up and wants to ride
so "yes" says I. It's 10:30 in the freaking morning, it's still winter
and I'm sweating bullets....Look at the bike computer and it's reading
100°F. Actual air temp was probably 90F but in the direct sun it was
warming up. By Wednesday it's suppose to be back to normal....80F.

Good day for a ride. We saw 6 other bikers, 2 that we knew (riding
rigid ss) and only 4 hikers.

Life is good.

Gary

It was 68 here on Saturday. That ain't right.
But instead of wringing my hands about climate change or climate cycles
I just went cycling. On dirt!
Hartman;s isn't quite ready IMO (although being ridden by some - I just
went for a run there yesterday).
So I climbed the ridge to Signal and came back down Chicken Gulch on the
SS. A couple of soggy spots but all very ridable. I'm just waiting for
winter to return as it can here this time of year, but in the mean time
I'll do what's good!

Matt