have you ever knocked teeth out or anything by fallin?

Old August 19th 05, 03:53 AM
happy_4_u

Default have you ever knocked teeth out or anything by fallin?

i probably won't be doing much jumping for quite a while! (im kinda a
scaredy cat!) Thank you very much guys, i think i will weah the mouth
guard. I definiteley don't want to mess up my teeth! Thank you for the
advice!

--
happy_4_u

Am I right?
happy_4_u's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10619

Old August 19th 05, 04:06 AM
steveyo

corbin wrote:
*to answer your question "have you ever knowed teeth out or anything
by fallin", I chipped a tooth by falling. Granted, i was rock climbing
at the time, but you didn't mention anything about unicycling *

Lead fall, dude? Or some swinging aid thing? Either way, that's
gnarly and could've been gnarlier, I'd wager.

--
steveyo - Last will be first

steveyo

"I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet."

Old August 19th 05, 04:30 AM
James_Potter

Owen, Murde_Mental, knocked out one of his teeth.
Do a search for it, he has a video of it, it's really funny.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old August 19th 05, 05:39 AM
forrestunifreak

James_Potter wrote:
*Owen, Murde_Mental, knocked out one of his teeth.
Do a search for it, he has a video of it, it's really funny. *

I said it first, almost!

--
forrestunifreak - The buck stops here.

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.

it has been known to the state of california to cause warts, toe jam,
ring-around-the-collar, compulsive twitching, and in some severe cases,
' diaper rash.' (http://tinyurl.com/ct5lp)
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity, and
traces of peanuts.

Team YAMS member.....

Old August 19th 05, 06:16 AM
Klaas Bil

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:34:55 -0500, "happy_4_u" wrote:

my grandma wants me to get some king of mouth guard to protect my mouth
because im getting braces soon. Is this neccessary?

Whether this is necessary or not depends on your relationship with
your grandma :-)

Teeth to ground contact is quite rare in unicycling.

If memory serves, Mikefule broke a few teeth maybe two years ago in a
bad fall during MUni. For MUni he now wears a full-face helmet.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"Unicycling is like glue: you have to stick with it, and it's not to be sniffed at - Mikefule"

Old August 19th 05, 07:58 AM
jorkee

You can wear a full helmet with jaw protection...

--
jorkee - Unicycling is great

there is nothing better in unicycling than air under the ass...

http://www.unicycle.republika.pl
jorkee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4846

Old August 19th 05, 08:46 AM
boo radley

i've had teeth knocked out while riding a b*ke, but not on a uni yet.
good thing dad was willing to shove a couple teeth back into the gums of
a half conscious son. this was years ago though.

--
boo radley - Guest

"Never moon a werewolf"
boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

Old August 19th 05, 03:40 PM
leo

happy_4_u wrote:
*my grandma wants me to get some king of mouth guard to protect my
mouth because im getting braces soon. Is this neccessary? *

For skateboarding: yes... especially if you do 'things like this'
(http://www.danerd.com/Show.php?vid=988),
For just unicycling.... not really, unless you're planning do stupid
things.
I was searching on mouthgards recently, and found some. But they are
much harder to get than in the 80's when BMX racing was big.

--
leo - Leo Vandewoestijne

'+1 866-UNI-CYCL' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'Subscribe' (http://unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
'unicyclist.org' (http://unicyclist.org/) !
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Old August 19th 05, 09:51 PM
Seager

they're still big for football. Just go to walgreens.

--
Seager - that one guy who does that stuff

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

Old August 19th 05, 09:54 PM
bugman

I think Zack Baldwin knocked one out unicycling as well.

--
bugman - Proud member of the UALW