Magpie!

Old August 19th 03, 03:27 AM
Andrew Lighten

Default Magpie!

Yeah, they're out early this year. I got involved with one between
Maryborough and Nattie Yallock at the weekend. Didn't actually make contact,
but he certainly made his presence felt.

"Gordo" wrote in message
Persistent little *^%& got me late this afternoon riding home from

Kinglake
to Eltham (coming to a stop at the first roundabout at the bottom of the
hill into Research - it would have been fun if he'd got me 200 metres
earlier at about 75km/h). Quite a surprise and I'm sure very funny for the
Nissan Patrol that was oh so patiently sitting on my arse at the time.

Got
three good whacks on my helmet and drew blood from my ear on his last go..

I've never been nuked this early, but then again I only moved to this area

8
months ago, is it unusual to get them in early August? Should I break out
the suit of armour already? From the sounds of the millions of the

*******s
who wake me up every morning I'm sure riding in the Yarra Valley is an
interesting pasttime in spring..

There's usually heaps of people riding the same road on the weekend, I
wonder if he got them all, or just saved his vitriol up for me (it was
nearly dusk as I got home).

I really really hate magpies.

Old August 19th 03, 05:35 AM
Lindsay Rowlands

I was wondering if anybody had any luck with a water pistol as a
deterrent. It seems as though it may be a reasonable solution.

At the moment I'm getting swooped a couple of times
during a 20k loop and would prefer to just zone out rather
than being vigilant for the swoopers. Is it too much to ask?

Cheerz,
Lynzz