5 pallets, want higher

Old May 16th 05, 06:07 AM
unibrow

show me that post

--
unibrow

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind....
unibrow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2496

Old May 16th 05, 08:49 AM
caw89

unibrow wrote:
*
p.s.s sorry not to hack on dan, i only wear helmets when goin huge.

nice side hop *

--
caw89 - Cody

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old May 16th 05, 09:17 AM
caw89

caw89 wrote:
*I wear a helmet only when goin big like unibrow said, perhaps my
helmet doesnt fit very ewll or somthing (walmart helm) maybe il get a
mullet helmet form 661. Il have ot watch that Kh mocie again tonight,
my pedal grabs are fine, I do them all the time, but the objects i
want to do are a lil high, just outa my padal grab reach(walls fences
etc.) and am workin on jumpin higher to get higher pedal grabs also.
30" would be great all i need. thanks for hte help and ill just keep
practicin and try to tuck the tire more. Il try to wear a helmit a lil
more if it pleasin ya, although i reall some clips w/ gerble in it
where hes doin some rail grinds with no helmet *

Shoot, I was layin in bed and I realized I mixed the names
gerblefranklin and generaldibbles, Ive never seen gerble grind a stair,
It was Dibbles and I didnt see him saying anything bad about not wearin
a helmet, sorry bout that. I really suck with names. This threas
competely became an argument about helmets rather than jumping, I guess
Im just a stupid kid who doesnt like to wear a helmet.

Old May 16th 05, 10:16 AM
Loosemoose

Caw I can heartily reccommend the 661 mullet, I bought one last year and
its definitely saved me from serious injury on several occasions,
Including an 8ft head first fall onto a tarmac path.

About the .mov format, I like that fact you can drag the time slider in
the browser and it updates the display in real time, allows you to
analyse the hop easily.

Good hop, although the points given by the rest stand about not really
needing more height. Thats a huge hop, but (unless its for personal
gratification) going higher wouldn't really help you if you're going for
urban or street trials. I can't get anywhere near that height, but I can
crank to rubber anything that height, and its all about finding a
flowing route. Stopping, hopping, setting urself up, doing the hop and
then steadying urself can ruin a good flowing route.

What I'm going for at the moment is a higher rolling hop. Instead of
stacking palettes higher & higher, only increasing the instability of
the platform & increases the risk of injury, you could try rolling hops
onto lower targets. Less chance of an injury, and a more useful skill
IMHO.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old May 16th 05, 12:49 PM
onetrack

1. don't wear a helmet. just because some of us are too scared to ride
without a helmet dosen't mean you have to be. helmets will become more
nescessary when unicycling gets faster.

2. build confidence before building height. get a certain height
mastered before adding a 2x4. Master that, take the 2x4 away, add a
pallet. rinse and repeat

3. Take a break. If you are having an off day, give it a rest . Don't
let bad habbits and frusteration sink in.

thats my advice, take it with a grain of salt. I'm kinda new to
sidehopping, I got 27" within an hour of trying it out.

--
onetrack - that gliding guy

thedan.com unicycle team member

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil

Jim Neighbors is way cool

onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old May 17th 05, 01:11 AM
gerblefranklin

I don't grind rails, too much of a wimp and also the only rail I see
regulary without a kink is a 7 seat at school.

I didn't watch the general dibbles clip, and most likely didn't post in
the thread about it.

Mike's advice is excellent. If you aren't getting near landing a hop
within the first 15 minutes, leave it and come back another time.

Rolling hops are just different moves. It really depends on the rider
when it comes to usefulness. For me my sidehop is about equal to my
rolling hop, but I use the sidehop far more. Neither of them are
particularly dangerous assuming a simple ledge is the obstacle.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

Old May 17th 05, 03:24 AM
caw89

My roll hop is a 4 pallet, the only time i made 5 i landed and the
wieght threw one up and slammed into me, they were crooked. I like side
hops cause the falls are usually safer, I want to jump higher to get
higher crank climbs, to hop up small walls without setting up on top of
them. I htink I really should be working on static hops, I can only
static 4 pallets, and my seat in is about the same, but when I do a
static I feel like throwin a ball with my left hand, I dont have proper
form wihtout my prehop, its wierd.

Old May 17th 05, 03:56 PM
zack

1. Practice

2. practice

3.Practice

4 practice

5 wear a helmet

6 wear leg protection

--
zack

beware of the evan!
zack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4938

Old May 18th 05, 06:23 AM
caw89

Ive been workin on my static and gettin smoother the lands.
Edit: Never mind the quality.....

| Attachment filename: static.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/313296|

Old May 18th 05, 11:48 AM
U-Turn

Nice tuck!

--
U-Turn - As long as my feet keep movin'...

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Training for higher cadence Sheldon Brown Techniques 76 August 16th 04 10:10 PM
Calorie Estimates.... LaoFuZhi UK 59 July 26th 04 07:17 PM
Advantages of Higher and Lower Gears? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 21 April 3rd 04 06:13 AM
Higher cadence? joona Unicycling 20 December 2nd 03 12:03 PM
Where could I find Pallets? sabin_a. Unicycling 9 November 3rd 03 10:04 PM