Coker: Love it or hate it.

Old August 19th 05, 02:14 AM
Gilby

Default Coker: Love it or hate it.

unipsychler wrote:
*...and my knees are starting to bother me.*

Check the seat height, sounds like it might be too low.

--
Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Old August 19th 05, 02:23 AM
unipsychler

Thanks Gil but the seat height is correct. I've even tried to alter the
seat height to a slightly lower position to alleviate the discomfort.
Needless to say, it didn't work. Near the end of a 37 mile ride the
pain in my right knee was pretty bad. At about mile 35 I decided to
stop for a minute but when I started again the pain was far worse for
the next 1/8 mile until it "loosened up". I dared not stop again no
matter how much pain I had.

--
unipsychler - Ride The Unicycle ~ A Crash Course!

Interested in learning to ride the unicycle QUICKLY AND SAFELY? Or how
about getting one of the coolest uni t-shirts around? Check out my
website at www.ridetheunicycle.com
unipsychler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9338

Old August 19th 05, 02:40 AM
Gilby

unipsychler wrote:
*I've even tried to alter the seat height to a slightly lower position
to alleviate the discomfort.*

You want to raise it, not lower it.

Old August 19th 05, 02:47 AM
Brian MacKenzie

uni57 wrote:
* It no longer feels like a big, lumbering Mack truck. *

Mine does

--
Brian MacKenzie - Infection is your finest flower

'TRAINING WHEEL NOT REQUIRED DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!'
(HTTP://WWW.LBMMULTIMEDIA.COM)

'ps. just watched TWNR, the UW36 on the stairs broke my brain' - markf

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx)
*122* reviews on *79* products, never make an uninformed purchase again!

Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old August 19th 05, 02:49 AM
mscalisi

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
*Mine does *

My new one does (virtual 54")

--
mscalisi - Burn the man!!!

James Potter for President 2008
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old August 19th 05, 02:51 AM
unipsychler

My normal seat adjustment gives me a slight bend in the knee. If I
raise it anymore there'll be no bend in the knee. To try to alleviate
the knee pain I couldn't go higher as I would have to ride tipy-toe to
reach the pedals, so I tried to go a bit lower.

website at www.ridetheunicycle.com
unipsychler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9338

Old August 19th 05, 10:40 AM
jagur

Peter wrote:
*I have a new 36 Zoll unicycle, it isn't a coker.
I think it is from Qu-Ax. *

oh yeah!

those are awesome.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old August 20th 05, 08:26 PM
corbin

coker muni is soooo fun. you can go fast!!

-corbin

ps:i only reccomend coker muni on an airfoil rim.

--
corbin - Treehouse Muni Rider

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561

Old August 20th 05, 08:31 PM
Brian MacKenzie

corbin wrote:
*coker muni is soooo fun. you can go fast!!

-corbin

ps:i only reccomend coker muni on an airfoil rim. *

the stock coker rim on the trail is ok if you keep en eye on it, and not
abuse it. You soon learn to ride gracefully through and around stuff
you would ususally drop or smash into. I learned a lot of control my
learning Coker MUni on the stock rim. It only went bad when I tried to
do things like small drops and riding over log piles, etc...)

my recommendation is take your coker out for a muni, but by very mindful
of the wheel. (but you're on your own if it taco's)