I Built a Wheel

Old August 19th 05, 03:50 PM
pdc

Default I Built a Wheel

My first! Just want to encourage those of you who are intimidated to try
like I was to give it a go. I laced a UDC hub to a 24" Alex DX32 rim
for my Rowing Muni in a 4X pattern using 'THIS'
(http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html) tutorial. It only took about
and hour and came out very close to perfect. Riding will tell how well
it holds true. If you've wanted to but are intimidated, GO FOR IT.

--
pdc - Unicycling Lord of Lookout Mountain

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"

pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old August 19th 05, 08:06 PM
Butty

that takes some skill and bravery well done

--
Butty - 121cm sidehop to the side

yer you're right, but only when i say you are )-o
Butty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10093

Old August 19th 05, 08:10 PM
Skippii

I brought my wheel to my local bike shop this morning to have them do
it.

I was going to do it myself, but between buying $18 of spokes, a spoke
wrench, and anything else I might need, I figured I'd just spend the
extra and have it nicely done and trued. They said $50 for me since it's
for the Charity Ride, including the spokes, taking the rim off the 26",
and the rim off the 20", and puting the 26" rim on the 20" axle.
If it was just building one wheel, I might have done it myself, but I
just don't have the patience and time to do it all.
Next time, I will do it myself.

--
Skippii - Kingpin, One for the Road

One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822