Rasmussen out

Old July 25th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Default Rasmussen out

MrBob schreef:
It's been reported that he lied to his team about his whereabouts:
[...]
PAU, France (AFP) - Yellow jersey wearer Michael Rasmussen was
sensationally kicked out of the Tour de France by his own Rabobank team,

Yep. He has been dismissed, effective immediately, by his employer for
lying about where he was. The team (riders?) is still in chambers about
tomorrow's start.

--
E. Dronkert
Old July 25th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Ironic that such a gift should come to Disco in this way.

My guess is that Discovery would rather have a legit 2nd place than a 1st
place with an asterisk, even though the asterisk is due to the action of
another rider on another team. Actually two other riders on two other teams.
This could be the TdF that rivals the 84 Olympics.

What asterisk? The race is still in progress. As of today, the winner is still to be decided in Paris. People drop out for all sorts of reasons.

Hidden camera catches Bruyneel's face as he flips open his cell phone and gets the news. His response was which of the following:

1. "No sh*t!", said with a big grin.
2. "Oh, sh*t!", said with a big frown.
3. "Sh*t!", said with total disgust.

My money's on 1.

Dan

Old July 25th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
kaiser

On Jul 25, 2:53 pm, Ewoud Dronkert
wrote:
MrBob schreef:

I'm not sure that Boonen wants to walk away from his green jersey so
quickly.

Old July 25th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

kaiser schreef:
I'm not sure that Boonen wants to walk away from his green jersey so
quickly.

Not the same team.

--
E. Dronkert
Old July 26th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message RvPpi.59715$tB5.15339@edtnps90, Jim Flom
') wrote:

"MrBob" wrote in message
In article ,
William Asher wrote:

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Withdrawm by his team, "for violating an internal rule."
No stance on whether the team will start tomorrow.

Now we know whose bag got swapped with Vinokourov's.

Man, this is better than WWE Smackdown. If only the Lovely Miss
Elizabeth
were still alive.

It's been reported that he lied to his team about his whereabouts:

From EuroSport:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/250720...de-france.html

Rasmussen out of Tour de France

Ironic that such a gift should come to Disco in this way.

That would be Contador, ex Astana, ex Liberty Seguros, former protege of
Manuel Sainz, former client of Eufemio Fuentes? Ah, the new, clean, young
generation will save cycling...

;; Perl ... is the Brittney Spears of programming - easily accessible
;; but, in the final analysis, empty of any significant thought
;; Frank Adrian on Slashdot, 21st July 2003
Old July 26th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Pasta Nostra

I guess the Chicken was in Italy doing the nasty drug thing with Dr Ferrari.

MrBob wrote:

In article ,
William Asher wrote:

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Withdrawm by his team, "for violating an internal rule."
No stance on whether the team will start tomorrow.

Now we know whose bag got swapped with Vinokourov's.

Man, this is better than WWE Smackdown. If only the Lovely Miss Elizabeth
were still alive.

It's been reported that he lied to his team about his whereabouts:

From EuroSport:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/250720...de-france.html

Rasmussen out of Tour de France
Wed 25 Jul, 10:22 PM

PAU, France (AFP) - Yellow jersey wearer Michael Rasmussen was
sensationally kicked out of the Tour de France by his own Rabobank team,
the Dutch outfit revealed on Wednesday.
The Dane had seemingly weathered the storm over missing four out of
competition dope tests in the past 18 months and had won Wednesday's
stage to all but seal overall victory.
However the team has learnt that Rasmussen lied to them over where and
what he was up to during the month of June when he was in fact in Italy
and not in Mexico as he had told them.
Rasmussen had won two stages during the Tour, though, his presence at
the race was questioned by several officials and from the race
organisers as well.
His departure leaves young Spaniard Alberto Contador in the lead with
Australian Cadel Evans in second.

Spam goes well with eggs
Old July 26th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Palermo

My guess is that Discovery (previously Postal) is better than the other
teams at not getting caught. Considering the last two years, and admissions
from various former riders, I'm now of the feeling that many riders are
cheating. Does anyone seriously think that the few that get caught are the
only ones doing it. I no longer trust any of them and sadly, I don't feel
like watching cycle racing any more.

Perhaps they should just give up and let anyone do anything they want. At
least the playing field would then be level. (I'm not really advocating
this but saying it out of frustration.)

Bob P.

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
. net...
Ironic that such a gift should come to Disco in this way.

My guess is that Discovery would rather have a legit 2nd place than a 1st
place with an asterisk, even though the asterisk is due to the action of
another rider on another team. Actually two other riders on two other
teams. This could be the TdF that rivals the 84 Olympics.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Jim Flom" wrote in message
"MrBob" wrote in message
In article ,
William Asher wrote:

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Withdrawm by his team, "for violating an internal rule."
No stance on whether the team will start tomorrow.

Now we know whose bag got swapped with Vinokourov's.

Man, this is better than WWE Smackdown. If only the Lovely Miss
Elizabeth
were still alive.

It's been reported that he lied to his team about his whereabouts:

From EuroSport:

Old July 26th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
. net...
Ironic that such a gift should come to Disco in this way.

My guess is that Discovery would rather have a legit 2nd place than a 1st
place with an asterisk, even though the asterisk is due to the action of
another rider on another team. Actually two other riders on two other
teams. This could be the TdF that rivals the 84 Olympics.

You can't seriously believe that Contador is going to be only 2 minutes
slower than Evans? There's even a chance that Levi is going to do a better
TT than Contador.

Old July 26th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Bob Palermo" wrote in message
. ..
My guess is that Discovery (previously Postal) is better than the other
teams at not getting caught.

Yeah and Team Barloworld are really clever too.

What a dumbass you are.

How do I get a body like Rasmussen? Hell and High Water Racing 9 July 23rd 07 02:11 AM
Rasmussen Toast? Davey Crockett[_3_] Racing 27 July 23rd 07 12:30 AM
rasmussen Bounty Bob Racing 12 June 17th 06 09:23 AM
Rasmussen Texan Australia 29 August 1st 05 02:59 AM
Rasmussen Thomas Lund Racing 9 July 17th 05 08:10 PM