Cycle paths or psyclepaths?

Old April 8th 08, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

Default Cycle paths or psyclepaths?

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Would this road be better for cyclists:

a. without a cycle lane
b. with a segregated cycle lane
c. with cycles banned
d. left as it is
e. other - please state

Note - banning motor vehicles, though a favoured option of mine, is
not a valid option.
Old April 8th 08, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

Tom Crispin writtificated

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Would this road be better for cyclists:

a. without a cycle lane
b. with a segregated cycle lane
c. with cycles banned
d. left as it is
e. other - please state

Can't say just from that picture, but the cycle lane is too narrow.
Old April 8th 08, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Luton[_2_]

Tom Crispin wrote:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Would this road be better for cyclists:

a. without a cycle lane
b. with a segregated cycle lane
c. with cycles banned
d. left as it is
e. other - please state

Note - banning motor vehicles, though a favoured option of mine, is
not a valid option.

For that bit an off road cyclepath (b?) would be pleasanter BUT the
devilish details are in the treatment of junctions. At least the cycle
lane should be 1 wider and 2 mandatory.

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames
Old April 8th 08, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon[_2_]

Tom Crispin writtificated

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Would this road be better for cyclists:

a. without a cycle lane
b. with a segregated cycle lane
c. with cycles banned
d. left as it is
e. other - please state

e. with motor vehicles banned......

Old April 8th 08, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon[_2_]

"Mark T"
pleasegivegenerously@warmail*turn_up_the_heat_to_ reply*.com.invalid wrote
in message ...
Tom Crispin writtificated

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Would this road be better for cyclists:

a. without a cycle lane
b. with a segregated cycle lane
c. with cycles banned
d. left as it is
e. other - please state

Can't say just from that picture, but the cycle lane is too narrow.

I've seen narrower

Old April 8th 08, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Zog The Undeniable

Tom Crispin wrote:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Would this road be better for cyclists:

a. without a cycle lane
b. with a segregated cycle lane
c. with cycles banned
d. left as it is
e. other - please state

(b) - the dashed line is asking for trouble, although it's nice and
wide for a psyclepath.
Old April 8th 08, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Zog The Undeniable

Mark T wrote:
Tom Crispin writtificated

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Would this road be better for cyclists:

a. without a cycle lane
b. with a segregated cycle lane
c. with cycles banned
d. left as it is
e. other - please state

Can't say just from that picture, but the cycle lane is too narrow.

We have some a mere 12" wide here in Swindon.
Old April 8th 08, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Danny Colyer

On 08/04/2008 21:18, Mark T wrote:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Can't say just from that picture, but the cycle lane is too narrow.

I agree that the cycle lane should be wider, but it's probably not too
bad for going uphill (downhill it would be worse than useless, on the
flat it would only be useful in rush hour).

Of the options suggested by Tom I'd opt for leaving it as it is, but I'd
rather see a wider cycle lane.

--
Danny Colyer http://www.redpedals.co.uk
"The plural of anecdote is not data" - Frank Kotsonis
Old April 8th 08, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_2_]

On 08/04/2008 21:18, Mark T said,

Can't say just from that picture, but the cycle lane is too narrow.

I wish some of the ones here were that wide!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old April 8th 08, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

Tom Crispin wrote:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Would this road be better for cyclists:

a. without a cycle lane
b. with a segregated cycle lane
c. with cycles banned
d. left as it is
e. other - please state

Note - banning motor vehicles, though a favoured option of mine, is
not a valid option.

Where exactly is it? How wide is the road? What day is it? What time
of day is it?

--
Matt B

cycle paths on BBC1 now John UK 0 March 29th 06 08:19 AM
Cycle Paths Are Good Ian Blake UK 4 March 10th 06 09:56 PM
Unite Against Cycle Paths! Steve McGinty UK 8 August 15th 04 10:12 PM
Cycle paths in Perth Joop Australia 7 March 29th 04 07:38 AM
"cycle paths are dangerous" IanB UK 36 August 12th 03 04:00 PM