I need nuts!

Old April 28th 07, 01:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DavidM

Default I need nuts!

"Graeme Dods" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm in Perth but I'm certain there'll be a local place offering
similar products, the trouble is finding them. That's why I turned to
the all-knowing hive mind of aus.bicycle :-)

In Perth, I'm pretty sure that Hafele (maybe in Malaga?) and/or Howard
Silvers (somewhere near Welshpool?) will have them.

Cheers
David M

Old April 28th 07, 01:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Graeme Dods

On Apr 28, 7:50 am, "Plodder" wrote:

Might be better to get him a 12" bike and remove the pedals. That way he can
scoot around like on a 'likeabike' and, when he's got his balance, simply
reinstall the pedals. Worked for my parnter's kids (a few years ago now) and
for my 3 year-old nephew now. Saves the effort of building (or buying) a
'likeabike' which will become redundant quite quickly.

That was my first thought but there's a couple of reasons why I'm
going down the route that I am;

- The front wheel on a normal kids bike is free to turn sideways (as
they should be) but I've seen a number of learner kids getting fairly
mangled when they turn round to shout "look at me!" and yank the
handlebars through 90 degrees. The wooden bike design can easily
restrict the turning angle to drastically reduce the chance of this.

- It keeps me off the streets :-) I've spent the best part of the last
year renovating our house and I'm getting pig sick of it so a few days
doing some other practical but fun work should be a nice break.

I'd thought of the redundancy factor, but we've got another one on the
way in July so whilst it may sit unused for a year or two it will
hopefully be resurrected at some point.

Graeme

Old April 28th 07, 01:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Skewer

Graeme Dods wrote:
On Apr 28, 8:04 am, Graeme Dods wrote:
On Apr 28, 7:48 am, Skewer wrote:
And just after sending that I found...http://www.woodpeck.com/bronzeconnector.html
High-quality bronze Joint Connector Nut and Bolt

That's just the thing! If I don't see any in Bunnings today I'll save
the hassle of running around and order some.

Hmmm... just checked out the postage rates. $85 (US) is a worth a lot
of running around!

Graeme

Bolts is heavy = expensive by airmail ;-)

Keables (Melb) is cheaper but has a minimum orders policy.
"**Non account clients; Min. charge $27.50 incl GST at counter; $38.50
incl GST C.O.D.'s** + freight min $11"
You could email them the images from like-a-bike and woodpeck to see if
they have the same thing in stock.

Can't say I remember seeing those type of fasteners in Bunnings but you
may have better luck.

Searle's would appear to be your fist stop locally:
Searle Fastener Sales Co
Unit 12 113 High Road Willetton WA 6155
p: (08) 94575444

Good luck
--
Pete.B
Old April 28th 07, 10:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DavidM

"DavidM" wrote in message
"Graeme Dods" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm in Perth but I'm certain there'll be a local place offering
similar products, the trouble is finding them. That's why I turned to
the all-knowing hive mind of aus.bicycle :-)

In Perth, I'm pretty sure that Hafele (maybe in Malaga?) and/or Howard
Silvers (somewhere near Welshpool?) will have them.

Cheers
David M

Further to this, go to http://www.hafele.com.au/isapi/online/tchff/tchff.asp
and look at catalogue page 367-368.

Häfele Australia Pty. Ltd.
29-33 Juna Drive
Malaga, WA, 6090
Tel: +61 (0) 8 9249 3833
Fax: +61 (0) 8 9249 3328

Cheers
David M

Old April 28th 07, 04:36 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

DavidM wrote:
"DavidM" wrote in message
"Graeme Dods" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm in Perth but I'm certain there'll be a local place offering
similar products, the trouble is finding them. That's why I turned to
the all-knowing hive mind of aus.bicycle :-)

In Perth, I'm pretty sure that Hafele (maybe in Malaga?) and/or Howard
Silvers (somewhere near Welshpool?) will have them.

Cheers
David M

Further to this, go to http://www.hafele.com.au/isapi/online/tchff/tchff.asp
and look at catalogue page 367-368.

Häfele Australia Pty. Ltd.
29-33 Juna Drive
Malaga, WA, 6090
Tel: +61 (0) 8 9249 3833
Fax: +61 (0) 8 9249 3328

Cheers
David M

Hey Dave

Muja AB is shutting down. Units 123 are off and M4 will shut down as
soon as the coal in the bunker runs out, probably Monday. 41 years of
production! The quietness is weird.

Friday
Old April 29th 07, 01:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DavidM

"Friday" wrote in message

Hey Dave

Muja AB is shutting down. Units 123 are off and M4 will shut down as soon
as the coal in the bunker runs out, probably Monday. 41 years of
production! The quietness is weird.

Interesting. 41 years was a pretty good run though...

Cheers
David M

Nuts in or out!? Beener Unicycling 7 March 25th 07 04:34 PM
Am I nuts? Jono L Australia 5 October 2nd 06 04:13 AM
Nuts! Tom Crispin UK 5 May 21st 06 05:22 PM
ugh, where do the nuts go ?? :( deicide Unicycling 18 November 1st 05 08:18 PM
aw nuts! muniracer Unicycling 18 January 22nd 04 02:43 AM