Huffy Bay POINTE 3 speed

Old May 7th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Daryl Hunt

Default Huffy Bay POINTE 3 speed

I have a Huffy Bay POINTE 3 speed in vintage condition with the original
Carlisle Super Ride tires. I am wondering if it's worth anything. I don't
want to destroy anything that is considered Vintage and has value to others.

Everything is original except the tubes. The Tubes that were in it were
completely rotten and I replaced them with new tubes. The bike is
completely vintage and the only thing that doesn't work is the rear brake
because the cable has separated although the original cable guides are in
vintage condition.

I got it because it shows an easy ability to be turned into a Low Speed
Electric Bicycle 3 wheeler. But I am reluctant to begin this project with
this particular bike.

What would something like this be worth these days?

Old May 8th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
DougC

Daryl Hunt wrote:
I have a Huffy Bay POINTE 3 speed in vintage condition with the original
Carlisle Super Ride tires. I am wondering if it's worth anything. I don't
want to destroy anything that is considered Vintage and has value to others.
What would something like this be worth these days?

See (or ask on) http://oldroads.com/
Lotta vintage bike peoples there.

Alternately, you can do a Google/eBay search for past auctions and use
that as a guide.
~
Old May 8th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Daryl Hunt

"DougC" wrote in message
Daryl Hunt wrote:
I have a Huffy Bay POINTE 3 speed in vintage condition with the original
Carlisle Super Ride tires. I am wondering if it's worth anything. I

don't
want to destroy anything that is considered Vintage and has value to

others.
What would something like this be worth these days?

See (or ask on) http://oldroads.com/
Lotta vintage bike peoples there.

Alternately, you can do a Google/eBay search for past auctions and use
that as a guide.

No entry in Ebay for this bike. Either it's worth about 35 cents or it's
quite rare.