OT (sorta) - UPS Rant

Old August 14th 03, 05:46 PM
voodoo

Default OT (sorta) - UPS Rant

"Penny S." wrote in message
voodoo scribbled :
"Penny S." wrote in message
Clyde_in_TN scribbled :
Nelson Binch wrote:

UPS disgusts me over home delivery. One time they'll leave
something right on my porch in broad daylight (often expensive bike
parts) they next they leave their little post-its for something
cheap. My gripe is that I cannot go to their dist. center and ask
for my package, I either have to sign the little thing or take a
day off work to get my stuff.

Yes it MUST be delivered to the address on the box, UPS policy.

I avoid UPS at all costs, I much prefer fedex ground if I have to
use a ground service. PO is too damn expensive these days and
priority mail is a joke.

I had something come from Cambria that was being shipped Fedex. I
tracked it, and it said it was supposed to be here today. It got here
Monday instead.

Fedexground does not guarantee a delivery day, only the overnight service
does.

None of the shippers are perfect, it's a game of odds.

I was saying it got here 2 days early. Oh, and how I know the shipping game.

Old August 14th 03, 06:04 PM
BB

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:35:51 -0700, Penny S. wrote:

None of the shippers are perfect, it's a game of odds.

UPS apparently has a habit of hopping packages around in illogical
patterns. A co-worker of mine was tracking a package; it was in town
(about 10 miles away) one day, then sent over to Hood River (70 miles
away) the next day, then back to town the following day before it was
delivered to his house.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old August 14th 03, 06:07 PM
Carla A-G

"voodoo" wrote in message
.. .

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"voodoo" wrote in message
Can you say Oops (UPS)??

They once held my bike hostage when I returned from a trip. If you've

ever
seen me freak out, that was the day to see it.

How long after that did it take them to turn it over to you?

I went to their shipping warehouse on the same day and raised hell. A few
hours later I got my bike back. That was the day I almost wound up in jail.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old August 14th 03, 06:20 PM
voodoo

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"voodoo" wrote in message
.. .

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"voodoo" wrote in message
Can you say Oops (UPS)??

They once held my bike hostage when I returned from a trip. If you've

ever
seen me freak out, that was the day to see it.

How long after that did it take them to turn it over to you?

I went to their shipping warehouse on the same day and raised hell. A few
hours later I got my bike back. That was the day I almost wound up in

jail.

I'm a real levelheaded kind of guy, and it takes a lot to set me off, but
once it does...............
I understand the jail thing.

Old August 14th 03, 06:28 PM
Penny S.

voodoo scribbled :
"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"voodoo" wrote in message
.. .

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"voodoo" wrote in message
Can you say Oops (UPS)??

They once held my bike hostage when I returned from a trip. If
you've ever seen me freak out, that was the day to see it.

How long after that did it take them to turn it over to you?

I went to their shipping warehouse on the same day and raised hell.
A few hours later I got my bike back. That was the day I almost
wound up in jail.

I'm a real levelheaded kind of guy, and it takes a lot to set me off,
but once it does...............
I understand the jail thing.

we once ended up in a three way conference call with UPS... us, the driver
and the shipper. Normally boxes get left on the front porch. We'd ordered a
huge cooler for our raft, time to arrive the day before we had to leave.
The driver threw it over the back fence into a neglected corner of the yard
where we never saw it.

needless to say, nowadays running a mail order business out of my house, I'm
on pretty good terms with all my drivers.

Penny

Old August 14th 03, 06:46 PM
Sorni

"Penny S." wrote in message

we once ended up in a three way

Penny, Penny, Penny... If you start an innocent sentence that way,
someone's gonna snip snuff and make it look kinky.

Bill "that guy Baker springs to mind" S.

Old August 14th 03, 07:04 PM
Penny S.

Sorni scribbled :
"Penny S." wrote in message

we once ended up in a three way

Penny, Penny, Penny... If you start an innocent sentence that way,
someone's gonna snip snuff and make it look kinky.

Bill "that guy Baker springs to mind" S.

more like that messed up Sorni dude ( or Slacker)

Old August 14th 03, 09:27 PM
Stephen Baker

Sorni says:

Steve, your quoting skills REALLY DO need work!

Nothing wrong with my quoting skills, Bill - you just need to get your mind out
of the gutter. (there's only room down here for one.....)

Steve
Old August 14th 03, 10:27 PM
iddqdATworldonline.dk

OrangeCountyCarl wrote:

This is why I always have UPS deliver to my job....there's always somebody
there to sign.

Exactly - spend a half hour this morning showing and just touching the
Santa Cruz Chameleon frame which was delivered to my desk at work - it
even arrived before I did get in:-)

In the past I have even managed to have UPS redirect packages from my
home to my work, before they even got as far as to try and deliver them
to my home. IMHO UPS is a nice bunch except management sucks.

Regards

Bruno

Old August 15th 03, 03:25 AM
Slacker

"Penny S." wrote in message

we once ended up in a three way

Penny, Penny, Penny... If you start an innocent sentence that way,
someone's gonna snip snuff and make it look kinky.

Bill "that guy Baker springs to mind" S.

more like that messed up Sorni dude ( or Slacker)

Oh man....how the heck did I get dragged into your Freudian slip?
--
Slacker - confess your sins and be cleansed!

Cyclist rant psycholist General 96 June 6th 04 02:02 AM
Further to Claire Petersky's rant psycholist General 34 June 5th 04 01:24 PM