...but not from anything important

Old July 6th 18, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default ...but not from anything important

BBC News site front page headline:

"Lifetime ban after horse hit at Windsor triathlon"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-44739096

Old July 6th 18, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

JNugent wrote:
BBC News site front page headline:

"Lifetime ban after horse hit at Windsor triathlon"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-44739096

Cyclists really are road lice.

Old July 6th 18, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 06/07/2018 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

JNugent wrote:

BBC News site front page headline:

"Lifetime ban after horse hit at Windsor triathlon"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-44739096

Cyclists really are road lice.

As I've always said, it isn't all of them, only most, these days.

The traditional Courteous and Co-operative Man On A Sensible Bike With
Straight Handlebars isn't the problem.

It's all these idiots who (in their own heads) are riding the Tour de
France, or some "sportif" somewhere, a really good example of which is
seen in the video at that link.

Old July 7th 18, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 06/07/18 23:19, JNugent wrote:
On 06/07/2018 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Cyclists really are road lice.

As I've always said, it isn't all of them, only most, these days.

Presumably this is "acquired information, much of it gained in this very
NG"?
Old July 7th 18, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 07/07/2018 09:46, TMS320 wrote:

On 06/07/18 23:19, JNugent wrote:
On 06/07/2018 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Cyclists really are road lice.

As I've always said, it isn't all of them, only most, these days.

Presumably this is "acquired information, much of it gained in this very
NG"?

All information of value is acquired.

The only alternative is to fabricate it.

I don't recommend that latter course, but am well aware that such advice
often falls on deaf ears hereabouts, where fabrication is frequently
preferred.

If you have a few moments to spare, take a look at last week's "Room
101" on the BBC iPlayer. You don't have to watch the whole of it. The
item is the last of six, so start at around the 23 minute mark. The item
(suggested by an actor Lawrence Fox) immediately follows that on 12
string guitars by some American whose name I can't recall.

Series 6, Episode 7:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08h0fjx/room-101-series-6-episode-7

Old July 7th 18, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 07/07/18 11:56, JNugent wrote:
On 07/07/2018 09:46, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/07/18 23:19, JNugent wrote:
On 06/07/2018 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Cyclists really are road lice.

As I've always said, it isn't all of them, only most, these days.

Presumably this is "acquired information, much of it gained in this very
NG"?

All information of value is acquired.

I shall emphasise your word "much".

Information of no value is also acquired. People often have a habit of
placing value in something of no value.

The only alternative is to fabricate it.

Considering your refusal to meet to point out your problem it is only
possible to conclude that you're chicken.
Old July 7th 18, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 9:46:41 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/07/18 23:19, JNugent wrote:
On 06/07/2018 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Cyclists really are road lice.

As I've always said, it isn't all of them, only most, these days.

Presumably this is "acquired information, much of it gained in this very
NG"?

Please bear in mind Nugent is a long term mental health patient and not it touch with the real world.
His access to the internet is on a reward basis and I am guessing he has been eating his Broccoli and Avocado this week.
Old July 8th 18, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

JNugent wrote:

BBC News site front page headline:

"Lifetime ban after horse hit at Windsor triathlon"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-44739096

Cyclists really are road lice.

As I've always said, it isn't all of them, only most, these days.

Statements such as the above aimed at any other group, would be
unthinkable.

But cyclists? The new Jews.

The traditional Courteous and Co-operative Man

In England, 'cooperative' means 'get out of the way of car drivers'.

On A Sensible Bike With Straight Handlebars isn't the problem.

There you have it. Anyone who rides a bike with dropped bars is 'not
sensible'.

It's all these idiots who (in their own heads) are riding the Tour de
France, or some "sportif" somewhere, a really good example of which is
seen in the video at that link.

So many prejudices, and he doesn't even try to conceal it.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old July 8th 18, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

JNugent wrote:

BBC News site front page headline:

"Lifetime ban after horse hit at Windsor triathlon"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-44739096

Cyclists really are road lice.

As I've always said, it isn't all of them, only most, these days.

Statements such as the above aimed at any other group, would be
unthinkable.

But cyclists? The new Jews.

The traditional Courteous and Co-operative Man

In England, 'cooperative' means 'get out of the way of car drivers'.

I think that sums it up perfectly.
Today in my local supermarket I was picking up a tube of tomato puree when someone asked me ' Can i just get one of those', when I refused to let him go first he told me I was being rude.
Apparently 'courtesy' means he must be allowed to get his tomato puree without delay then everyone else can get theirs.
Typical motorist.