Excellent news re TDF visit !!

Old July 18th 06, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jan

Default Excellent news re TDF visit !!

Last night I posted on URC the Cycling Weekly comp for a trip to the TDF.
As I hoped a cyclingl fan would win. I didn't enter the comp as it looked
like work was going to get in the way.

Anyway.......... A friend of mine actually won and invited me a her guest
!!!! After some jigging around to get someone to cover for me for the
weekend, I was able to accept. So a real fan is going!!

There was a fair amount of hair tearing cos CW said the prize didn't
include flights to France. However, a satisfactory deal was eventually
struck, flights were booked and I'm off to Lyons on friday as a guest of
Skoda.
Will see the TT from an official car and a HELICOPTER !!! As well as VIP
passes to the village etc.

I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan

Old July 18th 06, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:03:34 +0100, Jan wrote:

Last night I posted on URC the Cycling Weekly comp for a trip to the TDF.
As I hoped a cyclingl fan would win. I didn't enter the comp as it
looked like work was going to get in the way.

Anyway.......... A friend of mine actually won and invited me a her guest
!!!! After some jigging around to get someone to cover for me for the
weekend, I was able to accept. So a real fan is going!!

There was a fair amount of hair tearing cos CW said the prize didn't
include flights to France. However, a satisfactory deal was eventually
struck, flights were booked and I'm off to Lyons on friday as a guest of
Skoda.
Will see the TT from an official car and a HELICOPTER !!! As well as VIP
passes to the village etc.

I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done! Snarf all the goodies you can, and enjoy the racing.

Jpegs from the 'copter are compulsory in your next post of course.

Mike
Old July 18th 06, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MartinM

Jan wrote:

Will see the TT from an official car and a HELICOPTER !!! As well as VIP
passes to the village etc.

I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

excellent! enjoy;

my high point of the Tour so far was seeing the Alpe d' Huez hairpins a
third time, from the safe distance of a TV screen ;-)

Old July 18th 06, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim Price

Jan wrote:
Last night I posted on URC the Cycling Weekly comp for a trip to the
TDF. As I hoped a cyclingl fan would win. I didn't enter the comp as
it looked like work was going to get in the way.

Anyway.......... A friend of mine actually won and invited me a her
guest !!!! After some jigging around to get someone to cover for me for
the weekend, I was able to accept. So a real fan is going!!

There was a fair amount of hair tearing cos CW said the prize didn't
include flights to France. However, a satisfactory deal was eventually
struck, flights were booked and I'm off to Lyons on friday as a guest
of Skoda.
Will see the TT from an official car and a HELICOPTER !!! As well as VIP
passes to the village etc.

I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done! Be sure to let us know how to spot you on the day - we'll
look out for you on the TV coverage.

--

JimP

" " - John Cage
Old July 18th 06, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jan

Jim Price wrote:
Jan wrote:
[...]

I'll be the only person in the Skoda VIP area actually watching the TT
finish ;-)

Got to start packing .... I'll have my UJ flag with me so I'll be waving
that for Millar and Wiggins. ( & Bradley hasn't signed it yet either). Find
the aussie flag incase I see McEwen, I'm taking Various other bits I want
signing- hopefully will save me having to drag some of my books off to the
Vuelta in September

Jan

Old July 19th 06, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
daren

Jan wrote:
Last night I posted on URC the Cycling Weekly comp for a trip to the TDF.
As I hoped a cyclingl fan would win. I didn't enter the comp as it looked
like work was going to get in the way.

Anyway.......... A friend of mine actually won and invited me a her guest
!!!! After some jigging around to get someone to cover for me for the
weekend, I was able to accept. So a real fan is going!!

No that's terrible news, I entered after your post and didn't get the
call!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend. Takes some pics from the helicopter.

regards,
d.