ok so is his testo level is "natural"...

Old July 27th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Default ok so is his testo level is "natural"...

....then how come he had to wait up to now to find out ? This makes no
sense, this should have been detected years ago when he first started
getting tested.

When you have a German doctor
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...s.react/1.html
explaining that "To help recover, testosterone and human growth
hormone can be used." and he badly needed that before Morzine, it's
pretty damning isn't it ? And what was the level the days after ? The
Maillot Jaune gets tested each day. If it had dropped to normal levels
then...that takes care of it.

The only question is why he didn't use HGH that is not detectable it
seems...well maybe because he didn't have any handy..
Old July 27th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bucky

Keith wrote:
When you have a German doctor
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...s.react/1.html
explaining that "To help recover, testosterone and human growth
hormone can be used."

Another doctor, a member of the World Anti-Doping Agency, doesn't seem
to think that testosterone works instantaneously (like using it the
night before).

"But most steroids are given in cycles [6-12 weeks] and in context of
working out in a gym with weights. It makes no sense to me why an
athlete would take testosterone the day of a race when it doesn't work
that way. It doesn't make sense in terms of the pharmacology of the
drug, and it really doesn't have the attributes that would be
attractive to a cyclist."

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf200...ory?id=2531677

Old July 28th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On 27 Jul 2006 15:58:11 -0700, "Bucky" wrote:

Keith wrote:
When you have a German doctor
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...s.react/1.html
explaining that "To help recover, testosterone and human growth
hormone can be used."

Another doctor, a member of the World Anti-Doping Agency, doesn't seem
to think that testosterone works instantaneously (like using it the
night before).

"But most steroids are given in cycles [6-12 weeks] and in context of
working out in a gym with weights. It makes no sense to me why an
athlete would take testosterone the day of a race when it doesn't work
that way. It doesn't make sense in terms of the pharmacology of the
drug, and it really doesn't have the attributes that would be
attractive to a cyclist."

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf200...ory?id=2531677

Odd, could be a case of "giving it a shot" a little booster for the
big day, keeping him going in his head...who knows

Old July 28th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Bucky schreef:
working out in a gym with weights. It makes no sense to me why an
athlete would take testosterone the day of a race when it doesn't work

Dopers aren't rational.

--
E. Dronkert

Old July 28th 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Raptor

Bucky wrote:
Keith wrote:
...then how come he had to wait up to now to find out ? This makes no
sense, this should have been detected years ago when he first started
getting tested.

I agree. It's not like this was the first time he's ever been tested.
According to the ESPN FAQ below, they test the stage winner and overall
leader after each stage. Seems that Landis' was the only positive
rider. What's not clear from the news so far is if any other of Landis'
test besides Stage 17 were also positive.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cyclin...ory?id=2531798

My current theory: the test is too damned sensitive to be of much use in
detecting doping.

I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
the most insidious of traitors."
George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,
Old July 28th 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ernst Noch

Raptor wrote:
Bucky wrote:
Keith wrote:
...then how come he had to wait up to now to find out ? This makes no
sense, this should have been detected years ago when he first started
getting tested.

I agree. It's not like this was the first time he's ever been tested.
According to the ESPN FAQ below, they test the stage winner and overall
leader after each stage. Seems that Landis' was the only positive
rider. What's not clear from the news so far is if any other of Landis'
test besides Stage 17 were also positive.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cyclin...ory?id=2531798

My current theory: the test is too damned sensitive to be of much use in
detecting doping.

That's why Landis was the only one being positive, and then in just one
test. And in that test, he had nearly double the allowed ratio?

I doubt that he had been positive in stages before, they don't start
testing with one of the last stages.

Old July 28th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

On 27 Jul 2006 20:56:45 -0700, ilan wrote:
Are you trying to imply I'm irrational?

(Drum roll...) Even worse, you're like pie.

--
E. Dronkert
Old July 28th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message . com, Bucky
') wrote:

Keith wrote:
...then how come he had to wait up to now to find out ? This makes no
sense, this should have been detected years ago when he first started
getting tested.

I agree. It's not like this was the first time he's ever been tested.
According to the ESPN FAQ below, they test the stage winner and overall
leader after each stage. Seems that Landis' was the only positive
rider. What's not clear from the news so far is if any other of Landis'
test besides Stage 17 were also positive.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cyclin...ory?id=2531798

The implication is 'not'; if they had been, the UCI would have said.

;; I'll have a proper rant later, when I get the time.
Old July 28th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
steve

On 28-Jul-2006, smacked up and reeling, Ewoud Dronkert
blindly formulated
the following incoherence:

Are you trying to imply I'm irrational?

(Drum roll...) Even worse, you're like pie.

Took me a while to figure this out. Unless you think he's sweet and juicy
with a golden brown crust, you probably mean "pi" (3.14159....).

steve
--
"The accused will now make a bogus statement."
James Joyce