What’s important to know as a beginner?

Old August 26th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
eAn

Default What’s important to know as a beginner?

Hey,

I need help for my work about my unicycle brochure for beginners.
Short description of my work:

I’m going to the secondary school where I have to make a self-dependent
work that counts for my graduation. I have 6 months time – till the 2.
January. In the end I’d like to have a brochure with about 24 pages and
if I find enough sponsors I’ll let it print.

My subject that I have chosen is:
How can I furnish the most important things about unicycling to a
beginner with a brochure?
So now I’ve to decide which the most important things are and I've to
make the index.

WHAT DID YOU WANTED TO KNOW AS YOU WAS A BEGINNER?

WHICH CHAPTER AND SUBJECTS WOULD YOU MAKE?

WHAT SHOULD THE BROCHURE INCLUDE?

Every work has to contain a survey….so it would be great if a lot of
you have a share to my work.
I hope you have a lot of good ideas! Write what crosses your mind !!!
– Thanks for help!

PS. Your ideas will be mentioned in my work diary

--
eAn

d'Unicon isch hammer gsi vermisse eu jetzt scho
alli!!!See you in Denmark!

*If you don't try it, it doesn't work!*
eAn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12843

Old August 26th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

Oh, if this is a help me with my work forum, could someone calculate an
offer on Mr. Jenkin's burglary claim, reference B13486/06 for me?
Thanks awfully.

--
Mikefule

"We shall do best to think of life as a process of disillusionment."
Arthur Schopenhauer (whose daddy appears to have taken his T-bird away
rather early in his life.)

Old August 26th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

I think what Mikefule is saying is perhaps you should do some of your
own thinking first, then let us make suggestions. I'd find it much
easier to offer comments on *your* outline of what you think your
brochure should include.

Also, spelling and grammar checking are highly recommended on anything
you write. At least let the computer offer that much help as well...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

Old August 26th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
irvinegr

well the different types of unicycles, and uses...

--
irvinegr

Check out my SWEET movies!!! http://tinyurl.com/cr7fu
irvinegr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10958

Old August 26th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
monkeyman

Search for DudeWithASock's unicycling journal...that should help.

--
monkeyman

Alex, MR addict.

THE dave wrote:
walruses are awesome... they just chill with their tusks and stuff...

sobriquet wrote:
If this joke were a sandwich it would be the wurst.

monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

Old August 26th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

johnfoss wrote:
I think what Mikefule is saying is ...

That Mr. Jenkin's claim is really complicated?

But to be fair to the original poster:

The proper way to do this is to put something together, then ask for
comments and suggestions. Or if there is a problem expressing
something, or a particular problem with research, then here's a good
place to ask. The object of the exercise is to learn skills that will
fit you for life. Only the most dreadful cycnic would say that getting
other people to do the work for you is a skill that will fit you for
life... er...

UK exams are called GCSEs and I heard them referred to the other day as
"Got Caught Stealing Essays."

Old August 26th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
blink

oddr frogsch ganz eifach mi bi jo aafänger

--
blink
blink's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12860

Old August 26th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beener

Don't forget to add a section on possible come-backs to the most common
moronic statements that John Q Public will utter at you. I think you
can search that, there has been a bunch of different threads on it.
And ofcourse there should be the "How to deal with the ridicule of
family and freinds section too". Try to list as many local therapists
as possible.

--
Beener

Ow! My Shin!!!!!
Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817

Old August 27th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
eAn

Mikefule wrote:
That Mr. Jenkin's claim is really complicated?

But to be fair to the original poster:

The proper way to do this is to put something together, then ask for
comments and suggestions. Or if there is a problem expressing
something, or a particular problem with research, then here's a good
place to ask. The object of the exercise is to learn skills that will
fit you for life. Only the most dreadful cycnic would say that getting
other people to do the work for you is a skill that will fit you for
life... er...

UK exams are called GCSEs and I heard them referred to the other day as
"Got Caught Stealing Essays."

Thanks for your comments!

Sorry…I didn’t wanted to say you should make my work (Even if it
sounds like this – but it was difficult to express in English) …I’ve
already thought a lot about my work and I also made an index.
So I tried translating my index: -- Addition

My ambition was, to make survey as a proof, that my brochure is made
with the help of other unicyclist. So that my brochure includes this
subjects which unicyclist thinks are the most important for a beginner.
I hope you understand what I mean (sorry for the mistakes!)

I change my question:
HAVE YOU GOT ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO ADD SOMETHING?

Ganz liebs Grüessli
Eli

|Filename: Inhaltsverzeichniss English.doc |

Old August 27th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

Maybe a section like "Getting started"

Warn that it takes practice, but they can master it, and that it is
rewarding. Suggest bike shorts for comfortable seating, helmet and
other safety items, and good places to learn. I think some comment
about the size of the wheels, that smaller seems best for beginners.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken ... a recreational unicycle enthusiast... Please wear a helmet!
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501