Wrong wrong wrong.... (ON topic)

Old March 3rd 09, 01:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default Wrong wrong wrong.... (ON topic)

oh carl that reasoning went out of style somewhere around 1954
even in Kansas

Old March 3rd 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
oh carl that reasoning went out of style somewhere around 1954
even in Kansas

Even in West Grain Elevator?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old March 3rd 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jwbinpdx

On Mar 2, 5:00*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
datakoll aka gene daniels wrote: oh carl that reasoning went out of style somewhere around 1954
even in Kansas

Even in West Grain Elevator?

Isn't that where they had the "Climbing like a Monkey Trial"? -- Jay
Beattie.
Old March 3rd 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nick L Plate

On 3 Mar, 00:02, wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:51:51 -0800 (PST),

It's easy to be dazzled by the "big" difference between two bare
wheelsets and forget how small it is compared to the difference
between the wheelsets with tires, bicycle, and rider attached.

I expect that it's a nice bike and fun to ride, but I suspect that
most of the climbing and acceleration difference being felt is
imaginary.

A spot of brasso and a good polish with a chamois will give all the
dazzle neede. It does b^77*~ all for ease of climbing.
A good wheel build is not visually obvious until you know how to see.

TJ
Old March 3rd 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nick L Plate

On 2 Mar, 23:53, wrote:

It's easy to weigh wheelsets without tires.

It's easier to leave it on. Front wheel 1600g including spoke ties,
frame fastening devices, tyre mounting substance, base tape, tubular
and dust elimination device to valve in black. And bearing oil/
grease and air at 90psi and linseed oil for my nipples. No added
sweat. I want yellow caps.
TJ

Old March 3rd 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote: oh carl that reasoning went out of style somewhere around 1954
even in Kansas

Tom Sherman wrote:
Even in West Grain Elevator?

jwbinpdx wrote:
Isn't that where they had the "Climbing like a Monkey Trial"?

Here's a typical Kansas hill climb course:
http://www.mtcoks.com/maps/map.jpg
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 3rd 09, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 19:44:07 -0600, A Muzi
wrote:

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote: oh carl that reasoning went out of style somewhere around 1954
even in Kansas

Tom Sherman wrote:
Even in West Grain Elevator?

jwbinpdx wrote:
Isn't that where they had the "Climbing like a Monkey Trial"?

Here's a typical Kansas hill climb course:
http://www.mtcoks.com/maps/map.jpg

Dear Andrew,

The Kansas Pyrenees:
http://www.kansastravel.org/gypsumhills.htm

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 3rd 09, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
--D-y

On Mar 2, 8:55*pm, wrote:

The Kansas Pyrenees:
*http://www.kansastravel.org/gypsumhills.htm

From the pools of sarcasm dripping from my monitor screen, I'm
guessing that Mr. Fogel has, like me, travelled across Kansas by motor
vehicle more than once? --D-y

P. S. I see you are selling wheels again, Carl (having one brand
finish a clear yard ahead in a comparison). g
Old March 3rd 09, 05:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jwbinpdx

On Mar 2, 7:19*pm, --D-y wrote:
On Mar 2, 8:55*pm, wrote:

The Kansas Pyrenees:
*http://www.kansastravel.org/gypsumhills.htm

From the pools of sarcasm dripping from my monitor screen, I'm
guessing that Mr. Fogel has, like me, travelled across Kansas by motor
vehicle more than once? * --D-y

I rode across it. In fact, I planned it so I camped in Garden City on
July 4th. I wanted to be as close to the middle of the United States
as possible (while staying on my trans-con route) so I could get that
down home American feeling on the holiday. You know, go to the town
picnic -- watch a parade and listen to the band in the park.

I ended up at a KOA with kids setting off firecrackers around my
tent. No parade, no band and no picnic. They do have a really big
swimming pool in Garden City, though. That made up for some of the
dissapointment. I think the next night I stayed in a town park that
was carved out of a corn field. It was like Field of Dreams. I
remember riding down the road, crushing locust under my wheels
(fenders were a plus). One landed on my thigh, and I about freaked
out. They're the size of sparrows and not nearly as cute. The
natives were nice, and it was good to see that people somewhere were
still buying American cars. -- Jay Beattie.
Old March 3rd 09, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

On Mar 2, 5:53*pm, wrote, in part:

Regardless, enjoy riding your new wheels.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Thanks Carl,

I will!