"DON"T BUY FROM CARBONLORD"

Old October 6th 03, 05:50 PM
dumbo

Default "DON"T BUY FROM CARBONLORD"

To All'
this guy carbonlord doesnot stand by his quote "lifetime warranty" i purchased
cranks from him and they cracked on me and he was always giving me excuses that
it was the fault of someone who installed them.so to everyone on,and who uses
this list, buy from him at your OWN RISK. his name is sabin i think he is from
chicago but do beware once you buy from him it's your problem.

a ****ed customer
Old October 7th 03, 12:29 PM
MG

I am not suprised that his stuff failed, anyone who calls themselves
"carbonlord" is obviously going to **** you.

If you want your revenge, just post to as many places as you can -- you may
not get your money back, but you will cost him 10x what he cost you.

When will online suppliers learn that when they jam it to a customer, the
customer can leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth for the next 5 years.

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
In article ,
(J. Price) wrote:

ummy (dumbo) wrote in message
To All' this guy carbonlord doesnot stand by his quote "lifetime
warranty" i purchased cranks from him and they cracked on me and
he was always giving me excuses that it was the fault of someone
who installed them.so to everyone on,and who uses this list, buy
from him at your OWN RISK. his name is sabin i think he is from
chicago but do beware once you buy from him it's your problem.

a ****ed customer

....and you really believed his lifetime warranty pitch?

And you didn't do a Google search on this newsgroup for descriptions
of people's prior experiences?

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old October 7th 03, 07:14 PM
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"MG" wrote:

If you want your revenge, just post to as many places as you can --
you may not get your money back, but you will cost him 10x what he
cost you.

When will online suppliers learn that when they jam it to a
customer, the customer can leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth
for the next 5 years.

Well, CarbonLORD (as he spells it) has been doing this in the
newsgroup for years. Many of his customers seem reasonably satisfied,
and there have been quite a few who are mightily ****ed off at him.
Ol' CarbonLORD gets uppity and hostile and threatens to assault anyone
who calls him on his bull****. It's all very entertaining for the
innnocent bystanders.
Old October 7th 03, 11:08 PM
TA

Since you've posted this warning he's probably threatened your life. That's
what he usually does.

Old October 8th 03, 03:26 PM
Miller

"MG" wrote:

If you want your revenge, just post to as many places as you can --
you may not get your money back, but you will cost him 10x what he
cost you.

When will online suppliers learn that when they jam it to a
customer, the customer can leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth
for the next 5 years.

Well, CarbonLORD (as he spells it) has been doing this in the
newsgroup for years. Many of his customers seem reasonably satisfied,
and there have been quite a few who are mightily ****ed off at him.
Ol' CarbonLORD gets uppity and hostile and threatens to assault anyone
who calls him on his bull****. It's all very entertaining for the
innnocent bystanders.

Wow! Sounds like Tom at "Wheels to you" (Wheels2You).
Old October 9th 03, 06:21 PM
Bulltek Sports

Sadly you too fell for the lifetime warranty.

Lifetime Warranty is term used loosely. The governemnt is trying to stop
this. Even from reputable firs lifetime simply means a few years. Not your
lifetime.

Always buy from shops. I contacted this guy to buy cranks from him to buy
but got this bad feeling and never did. Glad I decided not to do busines
with Carbon Lord.

Sadly too many people fall for these claims and worse low prices.

Always buy from Shops. Once you feel comfortable with a shop. On or offline
talk with them. People call me all the time for recommendations and better
prices.

Try calling your CC company to explain the false claim.

Old October 10th 03, 06:27 AM
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"Bulltek Sports" wrote:

Sadly you too fell for the lifetime warranty.

Lifetime Warranty is term used loosely. The governemnt is trying to
stop this. Even from reputable firs lifetime simply means a few
years. Not your lifetime.

It's been a longstanding practice in tightly competitive durable goods
markets. The Federal Trade Commission went after the fountain pen
industry in the 40's and 50's when the Big Four (Parker, Eversharp,
Waterman and Sheaffer) were all promosing "lifetime warranties" on
pens.

Having said that, I inherited a set of Sheaffer fountain pens from my
grandfather. Being that they were about 45 years old when I got them,
they eventually stopped working. I sent them to Sheaffer, who sent
the pens back with an apologetic letter saying they no longer had the
parts and they couldn't fix them. And they sent me two replacement
pens, too, along with recommendations of sources for repairs. Given
that the pens had outlived my grandfather, I thought that was pretty
darned good customer service. (It might not have hurt that the pens
were engraved with my grandfather's name, Walter C. Schaefer; the
founder of Sheaffer Pen Company was Walter Sheaffer).