Hill, cyclist, fall off, dead. Why can't cyclists slow down or walk?

Old August 13th 13, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Hill, cyclist, fall off, dead. Why can't cyclists slow down or walk?

A woman has died from head injuries after falling off her bike near
Barbury Castle in North Wiltshire.

According to Wiltshire Police, she was travelling down a steep hill
away from the castle on Sunday at about 16:00 BST when she lost
control of her bicycle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-23673164

Old August 13th 13, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Andy Watson

In article ,
Mrcheerful wrote:

A woman has died from head injuries after falling off her bike near
Barbury Castle in North Wiltshire.

According to Wiltshire Police, she was travelling down a steep hill
away from the castle on Sunday at about 16:00 BST when she lost
control of her bicycle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-23673164

The article makes no mention of her speed. She could quite easily have
lost control after hitting a pothole. Or perhaps one of your lot
inflicted a 'punishment pass' on her, and she lost control that way.
Old August 13th 13, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_10_]

On 13/08/2013 20:49, Mrcheerful wrote:
A woman has died from head injuries after falling off her bike near
Barbury Castle in North Wiltshire.

According to Wiltshire Police, she was travelling down a steep hill
away from the castle on Sunday at about 16:00 BST when she lost
control of her bicycle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-23673164

I see tw*ts like you dead along the hard shoulder of the M1 regularly.
Not only do I question why motorists don't drive slower, but I then
question why they were ever allowed on the road.

Then I dismiss the issue from my mind as they are just more worthless
road kill.

Brian.
Old August 13th 13, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 13/08/2013 20:49, Mrcheerful wrote:

A woman has died from head injuries after falling off her bike near
Barbury Castle in North Wiltshire.

According to Wiltshire Police, she was travelling down a steep hill
away from the castle on Sunday at about 16:00 BST when she lost
control of her bicycle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-23673164

At first glance I read that as "... near Barbara Castle... ".
Old August 13th 13, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Clarke

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:24:17 PM UTC+1, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 13/08/2013 20:49, Mrcheerful wrote:

A woman has died from head injuries after falling off her bike near

Barbury Castle in North Wiltshire.

According to Wiltshire Police, she was travelling down a steep hill

away from the castle on Sunday at about 16:00 BST when she lost

control of her bicycle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-23673164

I see tw*ts like you dead along the hard shoulder of the M1 regularly.

Not only do I question why motorists don't drive slower, but I then

question why they were ever allowed on the road.

Then I dismiss the issue from my mind as they are just more worthless

road kill.

Brian.

Were you sober when you saw that?
Old August 13th 13, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Perhaps they have same dislike of walking that you have.

Old August 14th 13, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

I think he's rarely sober - he's a well known ****-artist.

Old August 16th 13, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 13/08/2013 23:39, TMS320 wrote:
Perhaps they have same dislike of walking that you have.

I enjoy walking very much. I enjoy cycling too. I enjoy driving cars,
motorcycles and lorries. I enjoy using steam engines, sail boats,
powerboats, canal boats, climbing, abseilling, flying, swimming, trains,
coaches etc. etc. in fact, almost all forms of transport I can think of.
The thing is, that I pick the one most suited to the moment, this
seems to be something that some people are unable to understand, sad really.
Old August 16th 13, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"TMS320" wrote in message

Perhaps they have same dislike of walking that you have.

Indeed, because cyclists never walk anywhere when they haven't got their
bike, do they?

Old August 16th 13, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 13/08/2013 21:24, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 13/08/2013 20:49, Mrcheerful wrote:
A woman has died from head injuries after falling off her bike near
Barbury Castle in North Wiltshire.

According to Wiltshire Police, she was travelling down a steep hill
away from the castle on Sunday at about 16:00 BST when she lost
control of her bicycle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-23673164

I see tw*ts like you dead along the hard shoulder of the M1 regularly.
Not only do I question why motorists don't drive slower, but I then
question why they were ever allowed on the road.

Then I dismiss the issue from my mind as they are just more worthless
road kill.

Brian.

I thought you didn't drive on the road?