Three percent of bicyclists are polite

Old April 20th 07, 09:39 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

Default Three percent of bicyclists are polite

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:48:17 GMT, "JP" wrote:

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 17, 8:40 pm, "JuicyPoop" wrote:
snip vandamnesque drivel

I have a great idea, dumbass. Why don't you go argue ineffectively
with your hero from Berkeley some more. Either than or go collect
some more pencils and see if you can get one thin enough to match your
neck.

JD

Your bike handling skills may be impeccable but your nasty arrogance
has always been your trademark. Whether attacking someone's equipment,
their skills, or their comments you demonstrate an adolescent's exalted
sense of
knowing it all. Bet you're really good at Xbox, huh?

Wake up, grow up and shut up asshole.

Wait a minute. Don't you realize that you are talking to a MOUNTAIN
BIKER?! They are quite incapable of any of those 3 things.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old April 21st 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

"JD" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 17, 8:40 pm, "JuicyPoop" wrote:
snip vandamnesque drivel

I have a great idea, dumbass. Why don't you go argue ineffectively
with your hero from Berkeley some more. Either than or go collect
some more pencils and see if you can get one thin enough to match your
neck.

JD

Your bike handling skills may be impeccable but your nasty arrogance
has always been your trademark. Whether attacking someone's equipment,
their skills, or their comments you demonstrate an adolescent's exalted
sense of
knowing it all. Bet you're really good at Xbox, huh?

Wake up, grow up and shut up asshole.

Wait a minute. Don't you realize that you are talking to a MOUNTAIN
BIKER?! They are quite incapable of any of those 3 things.

Remember when we used to duct tape your genitals to the gym locker room
bench in Jr. High. And yes, hell yes, it was well worth getting suspended
just to hear you [still] screaming when we were over a block away.
--
Slack
Old April 21st 07, 05:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 20, 6:48 am, "JP" wrote:
"JD" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Apr 17, 8:40 pm, "JuicyPoop" wrote:
snip vandamnesque drivel

I have a great idea, dumbass. Why don't you go argue ineffectively
with your hero from Berkeley some more. Either than or go collect
some more pencils and see if you can get one thin enough to match your
neck.

JD

Your bike handling skills may be impeccable but your nasty arrogance
has always been your trademark. Whether attacking someone's equipment,
their skills, or their comments you demonstrate an adolescent's exalted
sense of
knowing it all. Bet you're really good at Xbox, huh?

Wake up, grow up and shut up asshole.

Classic! Try going to a few more Mensa meetings before responding
next time. They might be able to help you, pencey.

JD Blassie

Old April 21st 07, 05:58 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

3 percent? that many? wow.... The trend is in the right direction Mikey...
Old April 21st 07, 06:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

JD wrote:

JD Blassie

Pencil-neck geek?

Old April 21st 07, 04:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Apr 17, 8:40 pm, "JP" wrote:
"JD" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Apr 16, 5:07 pm, "JuicyPoop" wrote:
"JD" wrote in
oglegroups.com...
On Apr 16, 8:06 wrote:
Actually, we have a group here on Google. Please join us, if you're
among the 3%.

Best regards,
MissyManners, founder ofCriticalManners

Funny how that was top posted by someone calling themselvesmanners...

Tell me missy, have you ever driven 36mph or over in a 35mph zone?

JD

Stopping at a red light is that difficult? Seems like a sane thing to
do,
particularly considering the effect and aftermath of moving metal on the
human body.

Funny, but the CVC states that if your vehicle is not able to trigger
a traffic control device like my motorcycle and bicycle sometimes do
not, it is legal to proceed when prudent. When there is no traffic
(ie. prudent) and I'm at an intersection where I know my bicycle or
motorcycle do not trigger the traffic control device, I'm proceeding
through. I actually do that in front of cops from time to time at
night and they don't give me a second glance.

The reference to the speed limit is just nonsense and irrelevant.

Bull****. Missy GoodyTwoshoes is a hypocrite and it was pointed out
by using that analogy. Hypocrites don't make very effective guilt
trippers, even to recovering Catholics.

JD

Yeah, my bike doesn't trigger the light sensors either.
But it is prudent to stop and evaluate.
And I sail through stop signs too, and have done so in front of cops
and also don't get a second look. Your point being?

MissyMannersmay be a nauseatingly saccharine moniker but the ride
was at night in San Francisco. It makes sense to stop at lights, even
briefly,
to ensure one does not wind up a hood ornament. If CVC refers to Colorado
then you're in a place with lots of space and not so many people.
Perhaps you aren't familiar with riding in more densely populated areas.
As far as you and the motorcycle, who cares? A bicycle can't go 0 to 60 in
4 seconds
when the rider is suddenly faced with an impending impact.

Your comment on the speed limit is simply lame. Whoever she may be
you do not know her and your bull**** attack is on Vandeman's level.
If that's the best analogy you can muster maybe you shouldn't bother to
share it.
Depending on the whereabouts one can exceed the speed limit without
endangering one's life. On the Jersey Turnpike speeding is nearly a
necessity
to stay safe.

JP

I didn't mean to stir anything up. I just happened to come along this
group when I was trying to find the SF chronicle article on Manners. I
asked the original poster if he was in the 3% of kind cyclists as a
genuine question, not to be snarky. I'm really a nice person, and all
I'm trying to do is generate goodwill between cyclists and drivers in
SF, which is sorely needed. Go to sfgate.com and search for Critical
Mass, and you'll see why my ride got so much press this month. But
never worry, it will soon fade back into obscurity.

If what I'm doing makes me an ass, so be it. I certainly did not
intend to be rude, and I won't bother your group again. I certainly
know not to "top post" ever again. I also know what top post means
now.

My apologies,
Reama

Old April 21st 07, 06:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JP

"JD" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 20, 6:48 am, "JP" wrote:
"JD" wrote in message

[...]

Had you ever been to a Mensa meeting you'd know that the alcohol flows
freely
and sexual innuendo is the main topic of conversation.
So is the lack of self-esteem that fuels the arrogant attitude because you
failed the test
or are you challenged in another area as well?

Speaking of classic, the clever little "juicy poop" joke is what one might
expect
from a "man-shaped boy."

JP

Old April 22nd 07, 08:59 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 21, 10:44 am, "JuicyPoop" wrote:
Had you ever been to a Mensa meeting you'd know that the alcohol flows
freely
and sexual innuendo is the main topic of conversation.

Wow, I must go to one...to see just how pathetic it truly is.

Oh yeah, you can **** off now, juicy.

JD

Old April 22nd 07, 09:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 20, 10:18 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
JD wrote:
JD Blassie

Pencil-neck geek?

I was referring to juicy's penchant for collecting pencils as well as
Classy Freddie.

JD

Old April 23rd 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JP

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 21, 10:44 am, "JuicyPoop" wrote:
Had you ever been to a Mensa meeting you'd know that the alcohol flows
freely
and sexual innuendo is the main topic of conversation.

Wow, I must go to one...to see just how pathetic it truly is.

Oh yeah, you can **** off now, juicy.

JD

Why do I get the feeling your mommy still makes your bed?
Must be the maturity of your repartee.

JP

Percent body fat! thelonghouse UK 20 February 28th 07 03:26 PM
Polite vests spindrift UK 31 October 31st 06 05:44 PM
Polite wrong-way riders Kristian M Zoerhoff General 104 July 9th 06 01:40 AM
this forum accounts for _____ percent of total uni-ers in usa? terrybigwheel Unicycling 5 May 23rd 06 04:29 AM
Polite drivers. Robert Haston Recumbent Biking 10 July 17th 04 08:48 AM