Help: Need bottle for my coffee

Old July 26th 03, 09:25 AM
John Doe

Default Help: Need bottle for my coffee

Hi all,

I was doing a bit of reading on the

http://www.bicyclecoffeesystems.com

I want to get coffee'd up for my commute. I got sick for a little while and
started to drive to work for about 1 month with a borrowed car (shock
horror). Then I got lazy and kept driving for another 2 (even bigger shock
horror). Anyway I got a bit used to having my commuter mug (not leak proof
just spill proof) full of a hot Beveridge of my choice.

I remember reading the coffee threads a while back. I did a bit of looking
on this web site and come to the opinion I wanted

Megaslim 2-in-1 Sportpak Vacuum Bottle
Profile Bottle Cage

The thing is I cannot source these items in Aust. Has anyone setup their
bikes to carry this sort of item.

BTW Please dont reply if you are going to start sprouting stuff about coffee
being bad. Just pretend I enjoy drinking hot water.

Cheers
Pete

Old July 27th 03, 11:17 AM
Andrew Swan

John Doe wrote:
[...]

Man, you shouldn't be drinking coffee if you are a cyclist. Experts
agree that it can cause font abuse, excessive nicknaming, and
over-application of Australian slang - just look at this for a sad example:

http://www.muggaccinos.com/

&roo

Old July 28th 03, 10:04 AM
John Doe

: Man, you shouldn't be drinking coffee if you are a cyclist. Experts
: agree that it can cause font abuse, excessive nicknaming, and
: over-application of Australian slang - just look at this for a sad
example:
:
: http://www.muggaccinos.com/
:
: &roo

:-). Well I got up this morning for my commute and it was damn freezing. I
have to catch the train for an hour after my 1 hour ride and I would love to
be able to sit back and suck on a nice hot tea.

Old July 28th 03, 10:22 AM
Andrew Swan

John Doe wrote:
: Man, you shouldn't be drinking coffee if you are a cyclist. Experts
: agree that it can cause font abuse, excessive nicknaming, and
: over-application of Australian slang - just look at this for a sad
example:
:
: http://www.muggaccinos.com/
:
: &roo

:-). Well I got up this morning for my commute and it was damn freezing. I
have to catch the train for an hour after my 1 hour ride and I would love to
be able to sit back and suck on a nice hot tea.

Why not just chuck a thermos in your pannier/backpack/courier bag/etc?
From what you say, it's not like you need to whip it out on the road.

&roo

Old July 29th 03, 12:59 PM
John Doe

:
: Why not just chuck a thermos in your pannier/backpack/courier bag/etc?
: From what you say, it's not like you need to whip it out on the road.
:
: &roo
:

I guess. But I dont really carry a bag as such. Just a tiny pack strapped
to my pannier rack that only really has room for wallet keys etc. You are
right. But I do also go on long weekend rides of 100k+ so it would be cool
to slurp on coffee in motion. Your suggestion might get me out of immediate
trouble.

Peter

Old July 31st 03, 11:01 PM
Cody

Default Need bottle for my coffee

I bought a $19 large bottle holder from Dean Woods and a $15 1 ltre
stainless vacuum flask from Kmart which fits it nicely. Should solve all
coffee desperates needs.

Cheap and effective.

Bottle Holder? daino149 Unicycling 7 November 23rd 03 09:03 AM
Water bottle you don't have to tip up Dan Musicant General 9 July 23rd 03 06:51 PM