riding in Bali

Old June 25th 04, 01:24 PM
Warwick

Default riding in Bali

Anyone done this before? I'm thinking mountain bike cos of skinny roads and
loose verges?
If you have done this, tell me about it please.

Old June 26th 04, 04:37 AM
Mike

Warwick wrote:
Anyone done this before? I'm thinking mountain bike cos of skinny roads and
loose verges?

Mountain-biking on trails is/was popular.
But if you are thinking of cycling around the island, thats a bit
crazy given the nature of roads and trafic there. I suppose
its not all bad. You can hire a van to transport you + bike on
the busiest routes.
The are plenty of better places in SE asia to cycle.
Old June 28th 04, 09:41 PM
kingsley

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:24:24 +1000, Warwick wrote:

Anyone done this before? I'm thinking mountain bike cos of skinny roads
and loose verges?
If you have done this, tell me about it please.

Checkout "Biking Asia with Mr Pumpy": http://www.mrpumpy.net

IIRC there was an article in Australian Cyclist about a
ride where they take you to the top of a mountain before
dawn, and basically you spend all morning riding downhill.

Might be a bit pedestrian, but if I ever goto Bali I'll
be doing it.

-kt

Old July 1st 04, 04:00 AM
SteveDel

Warwick wrote:
Anyone done this before? I'm thinking mountain bike cos of skinny roads
and loose verges? If you have done this, tell me about it please.

Not to be a spoil-sport, but still worth thinking about! Anywhere in the
region. Puts an even bigger question mark over personal safety besides
the traffic and road/track conditions.

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-c...vice/Indonesia

Old July 1st 04, 11:24 AM
cfsmtb

Hmmm, good timing for a post on cycling in Bali, here's a article
from abc.net,

Bali on a Bike - Presenter: Eoin Cameron
http://www.abc.net.au/perth/stories/s1143443.htm Wednesday, 30 June
2004

Cycling past Gunung Agung, Bali's highest peak.

So many Australians have been to Bali, but Andrew Bain took his
bicycle...and loved every moment of it.

Andrew Bain is a former editor for The lonely Planet , and a travel
writer for The Age. He published a book last year about cycling around
Australia. He tells Eoin Cameron "anytime I travel anywhere in a car now
I get totally bored, it kind of transforms you". It's perhaps
unsurprising that Andrew would therefore take only two wheels on his
first visit to Bali.

Old November 14th 13, 05:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Friday, June 25, 2004 8:24:24 PM UTC+8, Warwick wrote:
Anyone done this before? I'm thinking mountain bike cos of skinny roads and
loose verges?
If you have done this, tell me about it please.

warm greetings to you,

introduce our of Grand Chandra Hotel And Villa's. Located in downtown Denpasar, is a city hotel which is competent in the field of hospitality services.
We have been engaged in the field of hospitality for 40 years. Is located near the center - shopping malls, supermarkets, traditional markets, and Gift shop - by. distance of our hotel from the bus station is only about 20 minutes, and the distance from the international airport is only about 45 minutes. And also enjoy a holiday with a calm and cool in our villa. Green Villa is located in the plateau area. You can enjoy views of the famous lake's " Beratan Lake" from our villa. We have a well-established track record and our services have always met with great customer satisfaction.

please let we know if you need more information don't hesitate to contact us.

Grand Chandra Hotel And Villa's
Diponegoro St. No. 122 Denpasar - Bali
Telp : +62 361 262 022
Fax : +62 361 248 484