Help select wired cyclometer

Old July 14th 05, 04:43 PM
caaron

Default Help select wired cyclometer

I have a Specialized Elite Pro cyclometer that I've used for several years
and I really like it, but it is subject to interference from my cell phone
and GPS unit. I need to replace it with a wired cyclometer to eliminate
the interference problem.

What I am looking for is a cyclometer that includes a cadence function and
which records actual cadence and average cadence along with speed, average
speed, and max speed, as well as distance and time. It needs to be wired
for both the cadence transmitter and the one on the front wheel in order to
eliminate the interference.

Most of the cyclometers I've seen have a wireless speedo and wired cadence.
Can anyone recommend a cyclometer that has all functions hard-wired?

Thanks,

Chuck

Old July 14th 05, 04:57 PM
Francesco Devittori

caaron wrote:
I have a Specialized Elite Pro cyclometer that I've used for several years
and I really like it, but it is subject to interference from my cell phone
and GPS unit. I need to replace it with a wired cyclometer to eliminate
the interference problem.

What I am looking for is a cyclometer that includes a cadence function and
which records actual cadence and average cadence along with speed, average
speed, and max speed, as well as distance and time. It needs to be wired
for both the cadence transmitter and the one on the front wheel in order to
eliminate the interference.

Most of the cyclometers I've seen have a wireless speedo and wired cadence.
Can anyone recommend a cyclometer that has all functions hard-wired?

Thanks,

Chuck

The Sigma BC1600 has both speed and cadence wired, but it doesn't record
avg/max cadence. I like it very much.
It has being around for some years now, I suspect that if you wait a
little they come up with a new model with the two functions you want.

Francesco
Old July 14th 05, 07:19 PM
caaron

Thanks for your reply. The BC1600 does look good, but if it is out there,
I'd prefer one that also includes avg & max cadence.

Chuck

Old July 15th 05, 12:01 AM
Neal

caaron wrote:
[...]

The Vetta 100 has wired cadence and speed. It also shows the avg and max. I
have been using one for over one year and it has performed flawlessly. Sells
for around $35 and the cadence wire is another $19.

Neal