Sizing a Bike

Old March 15th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Default Sizing a Bike

SMS wrote:
On Feb 29, 7:54 pm, "Paul M. Hobson" wrote:

I've been looking for a new frame lately. It seems that at least SOMA
Fabrications and Gunnar are making frames with taller headtubes "to
eliminate the need for so many spacers." It seems they get it, at least.

There are two adjustable height stems for threadless headsets at the
Taipei Cycle show. One is from Germany, the SpeedLifter. Not sold in
the U.S. yet. The other is the Satori Easy-Up, see "http://
www.satoribike.com/page03_01_01.asp?ID=99771E97-66AD-461C-9CC9-D01600CBC72A"

Not clear if it's sold in the U.S., I could not get a straight answer
from the sales people at the HL Corp booth. They sell through Zoom,
but I have no idea if Zoom is distributing this product in the U.S..

I've run into this quite a bit at the show. There will be an
interesting product, but the manufacturer already has an exclusive
distributer in the U.S., but the distributer doesn't carry the
interesting product. Since the manufacturer won't sell to anyone else
but the distributor, the product remains unavailable.

Here's an example:
http://www.raleighusa.com/items.asp?deptid=5&itemid=413
The photo angle is not ideal, but if you hover over the stem area you
can almost see it.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Bike sizing Sticky Wicket Techniques 10 March 2nd 07 01:59 PM
bike sizing chris c General 4 April 2nd 05 05:22 PM
bike sizing Michael UK 4 November 30th 03 05:57 PM
Bike Sizing article Drinky UK 8 October 8th 03 03:08 PM
Bike sizing Bob M General 17 August 3rd 03 01:35 PM