Ryobi tools batteries

Old December 8th 17, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Ryobi tools batteries

READ

goo.gl/3KKUCt

a more useful drill is slimmer front to rear than a 'fat drill'

buy a right angle attachment

the best buy drill in a particular line is one step above the bottom cheapest drill

further up are construction n in factory/mobile industrial drills. usually fatter n heavier.

I have a Milwaukee hole shooter. $$$ from 30 years ago now $$$$ and man does it shoot holes.

tech marches on. recently bought a before ($$$) unthinkable Black n Decker small diameter circular saw caws of cross cut need n the thought time had run out on my finger luck with a super Ryobi line run jig saw doahn cut 2x4 gud.

Amazon had it n batts for ? $175 Previously, I would not be caught dead with a B&D product. But the little saw n motor runs strongly n should last forever with
INSIDE use.....one wudnot build a house with it.

a house ? a Rockwell or Milwaukee.

Asian power tool lines are formed as shop or construction in subtle ways n forget which is which so next time at Home depot there's a long long shelf of everyone's eg hammer drills for comparison. I'll relook n not step on the droolers.

what is 'inside' is Asian home non commercial shop. compare motor capcity with the next $$$ model up

Old December 8th 17, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Emanuel Berg wrote:
:John B. wrote:

: The different battery capacities are probably
: there because various tools require different
: power levels. A light weight 1/4" drill will
: obviously require a smaller motor to power it
: than (for example) a 1/2" hammer drill
: designed to drill holes in concrete.
:
: A 1.5 HR battery that would power a small
: 1.4" drill for an hour would power the larger
: drill for perhaps 15 minutes.

:I don't know man. These batteries from the
:looks of it does not differ that much in size.
:Why not just get the bigger one?

Technology changes. Five years or so ago, the biggest battery
Milwaukee sold was a 3Ah one, consisting of 5s2p 1.5 Ah cells. Today,
they sell a 3Ah 5s battery, and a 6Ah 5s2p one, and a 9Ah 5s3p one,
all made up of 3Ah cells. One of kits I have was supposed to come
with 4Ah batteries, but mine came with 5Ah, as part of the 'continous
improvement' that datasheets always warn about.
I expect in a year or two those will be 4, 8, and 12 respectively,
from 4Ah cells.

:the Ah in the tight range [1.3, 1.5].
:Seems like virtually the same. But I wish they
:would state the weight in the manual as well.

They'll be identical, or near as dammit. If they're still selling
them, it's price or market differentian. It's possible the cells
have different life spans, so the low capcity batteries can do more
charge/discharge cycles. But I'm betting age and price.

--
sig 120
Old December 9th 17, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 09:51:31 -0500, Radey Shouman
wrote:

John B. writes:

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 06:00:34 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

John B. wrote:

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool
marked "outside"

Really?

Anyone wants to become a millionaire?

It could be the next iteration of the cordless,
brushless [insert more here] power tool
revolution!

I am envisioning a "inside hammer" and an "outside hammer".
(The outside hammer would be the more expensive choice, of course :-)

Don't go trying to sell me an "inside" shovel.

Actually:
https://tinyurl.com/y6wmj3ot
And with Ergonomic Handles too :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 9th 17, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

David Scheidt wrote:

the Ah in the tight range [1.3, 1.5].
Seems like virtually the same. But I wish
they would state the weight in the manual
as well.

They'll be identical, or near as dammit.
If they're still selling them, it's price or
market differentian. It's possible the cells
have different life spans, so the low capcity
batteries can do more charge/discharge
cycles. But I'm betting age and price.

You mean "progress has advanced" so the
explanation to the tight range is that the box
into which one year it was possible to cream
down 1.3 Ah, the year after that it was
possible to fit 1.4 Ah? OK, makes sense.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old December 9th 17, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 22:38:41 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Speaking of the Ryobi cordless power tool
chain, I see there are no less then five
different batteries! All are 18V Lithium but
the Ah's are 1.3, 1.5, 2.5, 4.0 and 5.0.
What does that mean? Do you get more power for
a single drill or cut or whatever or can you
just do the same thing more times
before recharge?

Different cells from different vendors. They're all 18650 form factor
cells, but come from different vendors at different Amp-Hr ratings. As
I understand it, as told to me by a friend in battery business,
someone sued some cordless power tool vendors for advertising a
specific battery capacity, and delivering somewhat less. So, to
protect themselves, Ryobi rates their packs by the actual, and
probably tested, battery capacity. I couldn't find the specific class
action suit, but it should be in here, somewhe
https://www.google.com/search?q=class+action+ryobi+battery

See the chart for various model number battery packs at:
http://toolboyworld.com/eBay/Ryobi_Batt_Rebuild.htm
This is 12 different cells, with 12 different Amp-Hr ratings:
http://toolboyworld.com/eBay/Misc/CBAII_2.jpg
Also, notice all the circuitry crammed into the battery pack. Most
other LiIon power tool packs include some protection and balance
circuitry, but few have what looks like the entire charge controller
built into the battery. It's usually in the charger.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old December 9th 17, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 12:48:39 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
(...)

Mo
"Adapting Milwaukee Batteries to work with Ryobi Tools"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Nx49VKUew

"How To Upgrade/Convert a Ryobi Drill Battery From 1.5AH to 2.5 AH"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp2RkvpkZHE

There's quite a bit on YouTube on how to fix, modify, and increase the
power of Ryobi batteries:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ryobi+battery

Old December 9th 17, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
:This is 12 different cells, with 12 different Amp-Hr ratings:
:http://toolboyworld.com/eBay/Misc/CBAII_2.jpg
:Also, notice all the circuitry crammed into the battery pack. Most
ther LiIon power tool packs include some protection and balance
:circuitry, but few have what looks like the entire charge controller
:built into the battery. It's usually in the charger.

All the good cordless tool brands do. Makes it possible to have
batteries that work with tools that are 12 years old, and 12 year old
batteries that work with new tools.

--
sig 18
Old December 10th 17, 12:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

goo.gl/asWy5f
Old December 10th 17, 07:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 4:00:06 PM UTC-7, wrote:
goo.gl/asWy5f

goo.gl/Zqc42w
Old December 11th 17, 04:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I'm just pleased as Punch the tools work so well.

goo.gl/hZ18MA

Charger for batteries Simon Lewis Techniques 22 June 27th 09 10:34 AM
VAT free batteries. Simon Mason UK 25 November 17th 08 11:46 AM
Polar HRM batteries. neon Australia 9 January 24th 07 07:29 AM
SLA Batteries Peter UK 5 February 3rd 06 08:35 PM
Cateye SLA batteries Peter B UK 4 October 31st 03 01:32 PM