Mountain Biker Had to Be Rescued from Forest

Old May 3rd 07, 10:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
cc

Default Mountain Biker Had to Be Rescued from Forest

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:54:04 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
wrote:
Great reason to ride with a buddy.
Oh, yeah, a buddy also injured would be a big help....

Good point, and I think I see what you're getting at. Since having both
riders injured is potentially a very dangerous situation, it would be
safer if we increased the total number of riders on the trail.

That's like saying that if you lose one arm, it's a good idea to throw
good money after bad, and cut off the other arm as well.

is that the best you can do? that's pretty close to the worst analogy i
have ever heard.

If it's unsafe for ONE person to mountain bike, then it's twice as
unsafe to double the number of people at risk. DUH!

!= doubling the risk.

-Beej