Delivery bicycle stolen

Old February 6th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Eric Vey

Default Delivery bicycle stolen

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local...6081-20441335/

THIEVES have stolen an old-style delivery boy’s bicycle used by staff at
a Huddersfield garage.

Now in a bid to get their beloved bike back, Perrys on Northgate near
Huddersfield town centre is offering a free £300 car check-up to anyone
who comes forward with information that gets them the bike back.

The bike, which bears a striking resemblance to young Granville’s from
TV’s Open All Hours, was last seen on Thursday night by sales executive
James Marshall.

He said: “At the end of every day the bike is secured outside the
showroom until morning. When we came in on Friday we discovered that the
bike was gone. All that was left was the bike’s ‘CO2 3’ licence plate,
which had been torn off.”

The staff had saved the bike from the scrapheap.

James added: “The bike had been dumped behind the dealership and was in
pretty bad shape.

“The pedals didn’t work and the tyres were flat, but I couldn’t help
feeling a bit sorry for it so I decided to give it a new lease of life.”

Since last July, the whole team has been using the bike, regularly
riding it to the Post Office for taxing cars and to the valet bay to
check the progress of customers’ vehicles.

James added: “There is a certain sentimental value attached to the bike
which is why we are offering a reward for its safe return.”

The bike is red and sports a bell depicting a mouse eating cheese.

Anyone with information should phone James on 01484 535341.