More on mobile phones & other wireless devices

Old April 27th 07, 03:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default More on mobile phones & other wireless devices

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 03:28:59 GMT, (Bill Z.)
wrote:

Mike Vandeman writes:

On 26 Apr 2007 19:09:02 -0700,
(Bill Z.)
wrote:

Mike Vandeman writes:

On 26 Apr 2007 10:11:00 -0700,
(Bill Z.)
wrote:

Mike Vandeman writes:

You mean I didn't hit the 'c' key hard enough when typing and didn't
bother switching to german-postfix mode to put an umlaut over the 'o'?
I'll admit to being an inaccurate typist and to not bother with careful
proofreading of responses to people like you. But your 'fraud' comment
would leave any of the people I've worked with or gone to school with
quite literally rolling on the floor, laughing their asses off!

You obviously aren't careful. You also don't know how to COPY & PASTE.

LOL. I didn't "copy and paste" because I don't have to, and there is no
reason to be "careful" regarding typos in usenet posts.

Sure, if you have nothing to say. But it's an insult to your readers.

What a hypocrite! All you do is "insult your readers"!

I don't insult anyone. I just tell the truth.

No, you are the only fraud: "Government scientists who have been
tracking the phenomenon they call Colony Collapse Disorder were
skeptical, however, saying the parasite had been an early suspect in
the bee die-off but that they had concluded it probably was not
responsible. "

You didn't even read the article, obviously.

Obviously I *did* read the article, which is why I wrote "might be
responsible" instead of "is responsible." Unlike you, apparently, I
read it to completion, the last few sentences of which contained the
following statements:

It is possible that a more virulent strain of Nosema ceranae
has evolved in the United States, but Pettis doubts it. "We
can't rule it out completely,'' he said.

Evan Skowronski, senior team leader for biosciences at the
Army lab and a friend of DeRisi's, said that because the stake
are high, every important lead in the search for the cause of
the honeybee deaths needs to be pursued.

"We're not ready to say this is it, but it is a pathogen of
interest,'' he said.

Skowronski said there is no reason to think that the cause of
Colony Collapse Disorder is "anything other than Mother
Nature.'' However, he said that any natural threat to
honeybees has major implications for the United States. "This
needs a high level of attention,'' he said.

DeRisi agreed that more tests will be needed to prove or
disprove the parasite's role in the disappearance of the bees.

"In our results, the control bees did not have it, and the
sick ones were loaded with the stuff,'' he said. "It is going
to take a lot of time to figure out.''

Now, how about explaining where your cell phone towers come in. :-)

That's your area, so you claim.

Huh? I never claimed to be a biologist,

You said it's just a matter of physics.

but you posted articles
touting this "cell phone towers bad for bees" thing. Now, care to
explain why your sources didn't mention all the other more plausible
explanations?

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old April 27th 07, 03:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On 27 Apr 2007 13:06:50 GMT, Chris wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote in
:

On 26 Apr 2007 15:30:05 GMT, Chris wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote in
:

On 26 Apr 2007 11:58:18 GMT, Chris wrote:

(Bill Z.) wrote in
:

Mike Vandeman writes:

On 24 Apr 2007 16:24:08 -0700, (Bill
Z.) wrote:

Mike Vandeman writes:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:45:27 GMT,

(Bill
Z.) wrote:

Mike Vandeman writes:
Right. And when you're done, please completely explain
Schrödinger's Equation -- every part of it.

LOL. It's well covered in any number of undergraduate text
books,
so I'll simply refer you to those - if you want me to teach
you physics, you can pay me to do it.

I knew you couldn't explain it. You only throw around physics
jargon for effect. Of course, it doesn't work. It's obvious
that you can't explain why cell phones cause tumors.

Vandeman, you are an idiot. Killing vectors are used in
Riemanian geometries (curved spaced time, i.e., in physics
applications, general relativity). We aren't trying to
formulate a quantum
field
theory for gravity or anything like that. We were, rather,
discussing the interaction of matter with low levels of
electromagnetic radiation at a frequency of 1 or 2 gigahertz,
something we understood very well during the first half of the
20th
century.

As to the Shroedinger equation, I'm not going to play games with
you
where you try to waste my time by trying to get me to write a
text book and publish it on usenet (where I'd also have to deal
with
the
difficulty of rendering mathematical notation in ASCII text),
only to have you ignore it anyway.

As I suspected, you can't do it. You are a fake, which we knew
all along.

LOL! Do you have any idea what I studied in graduate school? :-)
If you want me to provide you with some tutoring, you can damn
well pay for the privledge. Why don't you first tell me what you
know about Hilbert spaces? You'll have to learn about that as
background material. Read up on Hermitian operators too.

Bill,
You are arguing with an idiot. He knows everything, just as him.

do find his answers amusing.

Ever wonder what his true goal is? If it were to 'educate' the
mountain biker to their evil ways and possibly convince them to stop
riding off road, he has FAILED miserably.

You mean that the mountain bikers have failed to learn anything, as
usual.

If on the other hand, his goal is to have you 'wrapped around the
axel' here, and not out riding, then he has succeeded to some
degree.

Best thing you can do is ignore him. Just like you would any 4
year-
old throwing a temper tantrum.

Go out and ride, that will get his goat.

Chris Foster

PS Mike: You note that I signed my 'real' name and will be in San
Jose
in May. Would you like to get together and have a nice polite
discussion??

Whatever for? You have nothing to teach me.

As I said, you feel that you know everything. In reality, you have
quite a bit to learn. For example, how to along with other people,

Go ahead. Teach! Show us what you know!

Once again, you vainly attempt to distort the subject. The subject is
not what I can teach you. The subject was what you can learn.

Bill, for example, appears to understand quite a bit more about physics
than you do. Yet you argue with him, why? Did it advance your cause?
No, it just made you look more foolish (if that was truly possible) and
alienated another person. Bill would make a very strong supporter with
his knowledge, but I feel that he will now avoid you or go out of his
way to discredit you.

You missed the point (intentionally). You just said "you have quite a
bit to learn. For example, how to along with other people". So teach
us!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old April 30th 07, 05:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris[_2_]

Corvus Corvax wrote in
oups.com:

On Apr 23, 7:13 pm, (Bill Z.) wrote:

You might start with the difference [... yadda yadda yadda ...]

Wow. Clueless, humorless, AND pedantic. Extra point for trying to name-
drop Richard Feynman. Have at 'im Mikey. He deserves you.

And BZ, feel free to have the last word. I know you can't resist.

Over and out.

CC

Actually, if you look look at the the thread, it was Vandeman who did the
name dropping

Are mobile phones wiping out our bees? Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 24 April 24th 07 07:05 PM
Hub Dynamo for charging mobile phones biking-geordie UK 9 October 30th 06 12:49 PM
So many people driving with mobile phones dannyfrankszzz UK 22 September 7th 06 12:06 PM
Mobile 'phones crackdown MartinM UK 79 November 23rd 04 03:32 PM
Mobile Phones Vincent Wilcox UK 38 December 5th 03 11:02 AM