Today's ride took over four hours but I rode for 3hr 38 minutes and covered 56.3 miles at average speed 15.4 mph

Old September 27th 09, 12:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Randall Kehrt

Default Today's ride took over four hours but I rode for 3hr 38 minutes and covered 56.3 miles at average speed 15.4 mph

To All,

Go to:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/14442609

Only Wolf Pen Branch hill make me have to dismount.
The weather was cloudy when I left but the sun came out
and it cleared up some but was still not too sunny.

Randy Kehrt
Louisville,KY
USA

Old September 28th 09, 02:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Randall Kehrt wrote:
To All,

Go to:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/14442609

Only Wolf Pen Branch hill make me have to dismount.

Anyone else remember the "highwalker" jokes?

The weather was cloudy when I left but the sun came out
and it cleared up some but was still not too sunny.

Kentucky sounds like a good place to ride November through February.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old September 28th 09, 03:52 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Randall Kehrt

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
Randall Kehrt wrote:
To All,

Go to:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/14442609

Only Wolf Pen Branch hill make me have to dismount.

Anyone else remember the "highwalker" jokes?

The weather was cloudy when I left but the sun came out
and it cleared up some but was still not too sunny.

Kentucky sounds like a good place to ride November through February.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Tom,

The winter season may have a few days in which to ride but I stay
around the Seneca Park here in Louisville which has a flat oval
course for riding. I use a heavy sweater that covers the arms and
a t-shirt underneath the sweater and if I can get 15 miles in or one
hour that is all I do in the off season.

A man who lives near me goes to Florida during the off season and
he claims to ride his recumbent everyday at that location. I would
advise Florida if YOU are into the off season cycling.

I assume that YOU being a "vehicular cyclist" that YOU use YOUR
recumbent to actually travel to and from work. With ice and snow
and the thin tires I would not put my recumbent on the street with
what we call black ice in KY. My rides are just for recreation.

Randy Kehrt
Louisville,KY
USA

Old September 28th 09, 08:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_12_]

Randall Kehrt wrote:
To All,

Go to:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/14442609

Only Wolf Pen Branch hill make me have to dismount.

Anyone else remember the "highwalker" jokes?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

YES!!!

--
gotbent, aka FRT rider

Old September 29th 09, 12:24 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Randall Kehrt wrote:
[...]

I find staying warm easy except for the feet. I wish they made SPD
compatible Sorel Caribou boots.

I assume that YOU being a "vehicular cyclist" that YOU use YOUR
recumbent to actually travel to and from work. With ice and snow
and the thin tires I would not put my recumbent on the street with
what we call black ice in KY. My rides are just for recreation.

Vehicular cycling refers to the methods of riding, not necessarily the
destination. See "Effective Cycling" by John Forester.