New Zealand episode #1: Christchurch and Banks Peninsula

Old January 18th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
steephill

Default New Zealand episode #1: Christchurch and Banks Peninsula

There are places that offer road biking conditions as good as New
Zealand, but it's always nice to try some place new. Here is one of the
best road bike rides on the South Island:

A Summer Christmas in Christchurch and Banks Peninsula:
http://www.steephill.tv/2007/akaroa

With each report I try to add something new. The main video in this
report features helmetcam descent footage and multi-camera editing for
the first time. The video is quite long at 12 minutes and starts out a
little slow but it's tightly edited... so see how far you get through
it. There is some cool hangliding footage near the end.

enjoy,
Steve
www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

Old January 27th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

I spent one month cycling the North Island during my One Year ride.
Here is my report from that trip:
http://www.mvermeulen.com/oneyear/nzealand.htm

--mev, Mike Vermeulen

Old January 28th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ron Wallenfang

Thanks for posting. I've enjoyed your reports before and enjoyed this
one too. I'm two or three winters (or more) away from going to NZ to
bike but it is on the agenda for sometime. I'm old if I go in
February, there may be less rain then in Dec. or Jan.

I noted with interest you "first time" report of having a beer bottle
thrown at you. That happened to me in northern MI in 2005, and is not
a comforting event. Fortunately, my guy also missed.

Old January 31st 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
steephill

On Jan 26, 6:47 pm, "Ron Wallenfang" wrote:
Nice report. Do you have any reports of longer NZ rides?

The route described in the report is 105 miles. Are you referring to
longer multi-day rides? If so then you should look at the "Peddler's
Paradise" two book set on touring New Zealand. None of our rides were
longer than what I posted.

Steve
www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

banks-vernonia bike trail oregonchick Mountain Biking 3 July 24th 06 02:26 AM
Dingle Peninsula Alex.Clarke UK 4 May 4th 05 11:41 PM
San Francisco and Peninsula ride pictures Bill Bushnell Rides 0 April 5th 05 07:40 AM
All kudos to Jeff Banks. Simon Mason UK 17 July 21st 04 12:33 AM
cycling round the Cherbourg peninsula Paul UK 16 February 28th 04 11:05 PM