ANATOMY OF A FLAME WAR: Which scumbags are most to blame besidesRussell Seaton

Old April 22nd 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default ANATOMY OF A FLAME WAR: Which scumbags are most to blame besidesRussell Seaton

ANATOMY OF A FLAME WAR:
Which scumbags are most to blame besides Russell Seaton
An analysis by Andre Jute

It's amusing, in a sickening sort of way, to note that of the
netbullies piling in on what they saw as the scumball Russell Seaton's
victim, not one has apologized for their crime, not one has taken up
the substance (Baleful Ronni, who did, is an outsider, here because he
thinks he has unfinished with me for putting down his friends like
made dogs on another conference), and all these people who couldn't
wait to storm in and hit me in the face are now claiming to be
surprised that I call them scum.

They're not scum because I say they're scum. They're scum because of
the way they behave. They're are scum because of defects in their
characters.

I am not in the wrong here; I'm just defending myself. The ones at
fault are the scumbag Russell Seaton, who deliberately provoked this
flame war and is still trying to aggravate it, the scumbag Clive
George, who confessed that he deliberately trolled me to aggravate the
flame war, the scumbag Hank Wirtz, who confessed that long before this
started he made up his mind to abuse me at the first opportunity, and
all the other little scumbags ("Still Just Me", Muros, Tomlinson,
"landotter", Bales, Lee, "pm", etc) who can't resist kicking someone
when they think he's down.

That's a lot of netbullies to have on one small conference.

Andre Jute
You've come to the right place for a calm review of the matter
Old April 22nd 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

On Apr 22, 1:01*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Hi, Andre -

Welcome to Usenet! Anonymity (essentially) results in a situation
where social convention and limitations on behavior are tossed aside
and baser instincts rule.

This strongly resembles an experience I had in my early forays into
Usenet before I understood the dynamics. You seem to have something
to offer in a RBT vein and I hope you manage to figure out how to
participate here without getting eviscerated.

Please take the following advice in the manner it is offered (i.e.,
trying to be helpful): as a newbie, a certain deference to oldtimers,
right or wrong, will smooth your interactions. Argument or
contradiction will get you nowhere. If you have to, just don't
respond, or at least don't acknowledge the more abusive elements.

Good luck. Or maybe, if you find you cannot heed the above advice,
you should just drop out. Many have, and many will.

D'ohBoy

D'ohBoy
Old April 22nd 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

[...]

I'm glad you got my name right. Good job.
Old April 22nd 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

Just as point of fact, whether that word has any meaning or use to you, I've
been around here for many years off and on. Long before you showed up, actually.
I ride and build up my own bikes, have for many years. When I abstain from
smoking I race with some success. I define success as enjoying it mightily and
on rare occasions standing on a box when it's over. Obviously you wouldn't know
that. I don't make it a point to boast of my every action as if it were a thing
of earth-shattering consequence. Most people are like that. You wouldn't know
that. It's how decent people are.

So what is your connection with the sport and technology? Buying really
expensive stuff at discount for a favorable write up and to brag it up on the
internet? Mocking the guys who ride racing bikes and then getting ****y when you
get answered in kind. None of that is riding, and it isn't bike tech.

I see you do get out for exercise, and commend that. Vastly better than a gym
membership, true. So what. People with Huffys who can't replace their own chains
do as much.

As for any "unfinished business" I have none.

If you had any brains, you'd be getting on that ridiculously extravagant comfort
bike and pedaling out the bile and other ill humours instead of acting like a
literate version of the YouTube tantrum boy. You do know that real "world
circumnavigators" are usually bikes that cost less than your rear hub. This
year, real State, Regional and National Championships will be won on bikes
costing less than your frame. Still you want to ridicule others for their
purchases while thinking yourself immune. Fat chance.

I actually agree that most race bike purchases are silly. That doesn't mean
yours or mine aren't also. Grow some hide or at least have the decency and
dignity to pretend so.

Crimes indeed. Sorry, mocking you may not be something to brag about, but
criminal, no, just human weakness taunting the morally disabled and the mentally
crippled.

Old April 22nd 09, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Apr 22, 7:40*pm, "D'ohBoy" wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the advice, D'ohBoy. But there's no chance of the shaven-
legged, limpwristed roadie scum on RBT "eviscerating" me. Check out
rec.audio.tubes from beginning of 1997 forwards. Far more capable
people than RBTs tenth-rate scum tried their luck on me and ended up
without their jobs, with their businesses cut down drastically, with
their reputations in ruins, and in several cases dead. One fell down
dead while on the phone to me to demand a cut of the seven figure sum
I made out of their announced "destruction of Jute". Kicking the ****
out of the enemies of society is what a professional intellectual does
for the bread on his table. Thanks for the thought, though.

The trick is working out how to make a buck out of punishing the
Seaton Scum for their impertinence. Any ideas?

Andre Jute
Life can become boring when all your enemies are dead by time you're
33

Old April 22nd 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Apr 22, 8:07*pm, RonSonic wrote
touchingly of the "morally disabled and the mentally crippled."
members of the Seaton Scum:

Old April 22nd 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Henry[_4_]

On Apr 23, 6:01 am, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

that's quit a chip you have.
Old April 22nd 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Apr 22, 10:49*pm, Henry wrote:
[...]

Forgive me, Henry, but I'm not quite sure I understand. I am assaulted
by this roadie scum, who confess they did it or malicious reasons, who
all hit me first without any provocation from me, and your response is
that I must have a chip on the shoulder? One doesn't need a chip on
the shoulder to notice ten or so members of the roadie scum hounding
one -- in fact it would be difficult not to notice their slimy
behaviour.

But hey, if you want to be blindly partisan, great, let me make a note
not to trust anything you say on bicycles or their components because
it is bound to be equally wrongheaded.

Andre Jute
Never more brutal than he has to be -- Nelson Mandela
(a blatantly unsubtle sig just for Ronni)
Old April 22nd 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 22, 12:01*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the scumbag part. You can call me anything you want. I just
imagine you getting mad and screaming:
"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding" in a Brit
accent while you stump your feet.
Old April 22nd 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:19:22 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

I usually end up with Basil Fawlty.

OT Bush/Oil scumbags Bill C Racing 5 December 6th 06 12:28 AM
Lying Scumbags Was: WHO AM I ! Donald Gillies Techniques 2 September 14th 06 11:22 PM
gray's anatomy [email protected] General 25 April 15th 05 04:07 PM
anatomy problem steve m Australia 8 February 1st 05 07:11 PM
Anatomy of a Bike Burning_Ranger UK 2 July 18th 04 03:43 PM