Paris Roubaix to be shown live on SBS

Old March 22nd 07, 08:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Paris Roubaix to be shown live on SBS

On Mar 21, 11:16 pm, Shabby Shabby.2ns...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Wrote: In case you didn't know

Source? I can't find it on the net... if you know when and what time, I
know a guy who knows a guy who owns a place in South Melbourne which is
cyclofriendly and has a big screen............

--
Shabby

Source... Mike Tomilaris announced it on the Johnny Warren charity
ride.
I wrote to SBS last year requesting they show it live when they were
showing the tour live.

"A Sunday in Hell" has been around for a long time. I gave away my
copy about 10 years ago. Not as good as "Overcoming" or "Hell on
Wheels".

Old March 22nd 07, 08:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Mar 20, 10:13 pm, ::dom:: dom.2nq...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Anybody want to take pity on a poor cycling fan who live in a county
where there is NO cycling at all on TV... and record Paris - Roubaix.
Happy to pay for the DVD, registered post and for a few liquid
refreshments for the trouble....

--
::dom::

I'm sure I can help you out Dom if nobody else does.

Where abouts are you?

Old March 22nd 07, 09:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Parbs

wrote:

I'm sure I can help you out Dom if nobody else does.

Where abouts are you?

If I recall correctly, Dom is in Fiji.

Parbs
Old March 22nd 07, 12:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_71_]

::dom:: Wrote:
Yup! Sunny Fiji... where even the coups are cool... and you can cycle in
a short sleeve jersey at 4am in the middle of winter.... BUT NO CYCLING
ON TV
I have an Aus bank account so I can DD the cost of media and postage...
and of course a few brews for the trouble.

Is it worth seeding the PR coverage onto torrent?

--
cfsmtb

Old March 22nd 07, 10:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_50_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
Is it worth seeding the PR coverage onto torrent?

If it is on live here, I'll be capping it - for personal viewing only,
of course

--
gplama

Old April 9th 07, 04:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Mar 20, 5:26 pm, wrote:
In case you didn't know

After contacting SBS it seems they were unable to secure the rights to
this years P-R in time. (seems problems with ASO delayed signing)
SBS say they have secured the rights for next year so it looks like
we'll have to watch it on the web!

Old April 9th 07, 05:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
parawolf[_19_]

gplama Wrote:
arh well... after jumping through a few hoops (or hops? ) last night
I caught the last 90kms of Flanders live on teh interweebs.... top
stuff.... and good to have an alternative to SBS

Wasn't it a great finish. I was hooked from about 80km to go!

--
parawolf

Old April 9th 07, 07:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

Default OT: lama sighting?

Lama was that you on Koonung Trail today? Hard to keep an eye on the
cyclists given the number of unleashed dogs on the path. One guy must
have figured if his two dogs were lashed together they were considered
leashed, even if he wasn't attached to them. Looked like great potential
for cycling carnage if the dogs took different directions with the lead
across the path.

DaveB

Paris-Roubaix Stu Fleming Racing 2 April 7th 06 08:57 AM
Paris-Roubaix map? Bob Martin Racing 5 March 31st 06 12:50 AM
Paris Roubaix Simon Brooke UK 5 April 19th 05 03:53 PM
paris roubaix Rick Roof Racing 8 January 15th 05 04:56 AM
paris roubaix curt Racing 0 March 12th 04 05:13 PM