Mtn. Bike, Motorcycle Crashes Keep Search And Rescue Busy

Old June 6th 11, 02:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Mtn. Bike, Motorcycle Crashes Keep Search And Rescue Busy

http://www.ktvz.com/news/28134218/detail.html

Mtn. Bike, Motorcycle Crashes Keep SAR Busy

Incidents West, East of Bend on Long-Awaited Warm Weekend

By Barney Lerten, KTVZ.COM
POSTED: 8:58 pm PDT June 4, 2011
UPDATED: 1:52 pm PDT June 5, 2011
BEND, Ore. -- Central Oregon’s warmest weekend in a while prompted
many to head outdoors to play Saturday -- and as often happens, that
also meant a busy day for Deschutes County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue
crews, called to an injury mountain bike crash west of town and a
critical-injury motorcycle crash 25 miles to the east.

Around 12:20 p.m., 911 dispatchers got a call from someone reporting
that Robert Denouden, 46, of Eugene, had crashed his mountain bike
while riding on Kent’s Trail west of Bend, said sheriff’s Deputy Mike
Biondi, SAR operations manager.

The caller said Denouden had injured his hip and shoulder, and was
“down trail,” about 3/4 of a mile from the intersection with Forest
Road 4610, Biondi said.

Two deputies, a Forest Service officer and three SAR members (two of
them EMTs) responded to the location, the deputy said. Denouden was
treated at the scene and taken by ATV to the 4610 road, where he was
met by friends, according to Biondi.

Then, around 1:40 p.m., 911 dispatchers got a cell phone call from a
man reporting a motorcycle crash on the 70 trail near the Ground Hog
OHV (off-highway vehicle) play area, about 25 miles east of Bend,
Biondi said.

Due to poor cell phone reception, dispatchers had difficulty getting
the patient’s information and the exact location of the crash, he
said.

Two deputies on OHV patrol responded to the area and located Phillip
Miller, 56, of Forest Grove about 1 1/2 miles south of the Ground Hog
OHV play area, Biondi said.

The deputy and SAR personnel who were on the mountain bike crash also
responded to the location, along with two more SAR medics, Biondi
said.

Miller was stabilized at the scene and taken by ATV and ambu-sled 1
1/2 miles to the Ground Hog quarry, Biondi said.

Miller then was flown by AirLink helicopter to St. Charles Medical
Center-Bend, where a nursing supervisor said he was in critical
condition Saturday night but had improved to serious condition
Sunday.
PrintEmail

Copyright 2011 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Old June 6th 11, 04:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak 44

Default PhD eeps other inmates busy

On Jun 5, 9:08*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
http://www.ktvz.com/news/28134218/detail.html

Copyright 2011 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

What part of the copyright did you not understand? It's just so hard
for Mike to follow the rules.
Old June 6th 11, 05:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tºm Shermªn º_º

Default PhD keeps other inmates busy

On 6/5/2011 10:39 PM, Kayak 44 wrote:
On Jun 5, 9:08�pm, Mike wrote:
http://www.ktvz.com/news/28134218/detail.html

Copyright 2011 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

What part of the copyright did you not understand? It's just so hard
for Mike to follow the rules.

Is copyright violation considered probation violation?

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old June 6th 11, 07:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bob Berger[_2_]

In article ,
Mike Vandeman says...

http://www.ktvz.com/news/28134218/detail.html

Mtn. Bike, Motorcycle Crashes Keep SAR Busy

Incidents West, East of Bend on Long-Awaited Warm Weekend

By Barney Lerten, KTVZ.COM
POSTED: 8:58 pm PDT June 4, 2011
UPDATED: 1:52 pm PDT June 5, 2011

SNIP

If you don't stop posting this crap, I'm going to start again posting the
equivalent hiker, climber, nature watcher articles taken from the NPS Morning
Report. I have dozens ready to go, and more coming every day.

Old June 6th 11, 08:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bob Berger" wrote in message
In article
,
Mike Vandeman says...

http://www.ktvz.com/news/28134218/detail.html

Mtn. Bike, Motorcycle Crashes Keep SAR Busy

Incidents West, East of Bend on Long-Awaited Warm Weekend

By Barney Lerten, KTVZ.COM
POSTED: 8:58 pm PDT June 4, 2011
UPDATED: 1:52 pm PDT June 5, 2011

SNIP

If you don't stop posting this crap, I'm going to start again posting the
equivalent hiker, climber, nature watcher articles taken from the NPS
Morning
Report. I have dozens ready to go, and more coming every day.

Mountain biking on hiking trails is inherently dangerous. That is why all
the accidents and deaths are pretty much the same. Hiking deaths are quite
unusual and even unique. That is why they are by far more interesting.

Climber accidents and deaths don't count as climbing, like mountain biking,
is also an inherently dangerous activity.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 6th 11, 08:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

On Jun 5, 9:08?pm, Mike wrote:
http://www.ktvz.com/news/28134218/detail.html

Copyright 2011 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

What part of the copyright did you not understand? It's just so hard
for Mike to follow the rules.

Is copyright violation considered probation violation?

Instead of worrying about Mr. Vandeman, why are you not out riding your new
velomobile? You aren't having buyer's remorse already, are you?

Old June 7th 11, 01:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
you

On Jun 5, 9:08?pm, Mike wrote:
http://www.ktvz.com/news/28134218/detail.html

Copyright 2011 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

What part of the copyright did you not understand? It's just so hard
for Mike to follow the rules.

Is copyright violation considered probation violation?

Maybe we should forward this to his Probation Officer, and find out...
doesn't even require a phone call. I am with you, Bob... Mikey needs his
hands slapped, AGAIN......
Old June 7th 11, 04:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"you" wrote in message

On Jun 5, 9:08?pm, Mike wrote:
http://www.ktvz.com/news/28134218/detail.html

Copyright 2011 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

What part of the copyright did you not understand? It's just so hard
for Mike to follow the rules.

Is copyright violation considered probation violation?

Maybe we should forward this to his Probation Officer, and find out...
doesn't even require a phone call. I am with you, Bob... Mikey needs his
hands slapped, AGAIN......

And you need your dumb ass kicked ... and I am just the one to do it!

Old June 7th 11, 04:25 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Jun 6, 8:08*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"you" wrote in message

On Jun 5, 9:08?pm, Mike *wrote:
http://www.ktvz.com/news/28134218/detail.html

Copyright 2011 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

What part of the copyright did you not understand? It's just so hard
for Mike to follow the rules.

Is copyright violation considered probation violation?

Maybe we should forward this to his Probation Officer, and find out...
doesn't even require a phone call. I am with you, Bob... Mikey needs his
hands slapped, AGAIN......

And you need your dumb ass kicked ... and I am just the one to do it!

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota- Hide quoted text -

I finally figured out Tom Sherman: He's a bot. No human could be that
dumb. What do you think?
Old June 7th 11, 04:47 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tºm Shermªn °_°

On 6/6/2011 10:25 PM, Mike "HANDSAW" Vandeman wrote:
On Jun 6, 8:08�pm, "Edward wrote:
wrote in message

On Jun 5, 9:08?pm, Mike �wrote:
[...]

I wonder if Mr. Vandeman's PO reads these posts? They could be taken
into consideration as a general pattern of behavior, if other violations
occur.