Ping - Paladin

Old September 24th 03, 06:02 PM
Spider

Default Ping - Paladin

Hey, big fella (shut up, Rimmer - and don't get to excited - it's just
a figure of speech. Same for you, Sorni.)

You said, somewhere, that the route for next year's AMB-ID was picked.
I cannot, for the life of me, find any reference to either your
mention or the trail that was picked. All I can remember is "2 miles
uphill, 14 miles downhill, more technical than 2003 AMB-ID." Does
this ring ANY bells at all? [fscking memory - see what happens when
you get old?]

Anyway, could you shed some light on this for a poor soul? And when
you say "more technical", please compare it to some partion of the
Loon Lake Death March for comparison.

Thanks, man - I appreciate it.

Spider

P.S. Next summer, if you need a guy to be up at 0500 to move vehicles
around for shuttling bikes, I'm your guy. No more 0900 (scheduled)
1200 (actual) start times, hmmm?
Old September 24th 03, 06:17 PM
Penny S

Spider scrawled in bright red lipstick:
Hey, big fella (shut up, Rimmer - and don't get to excited - it's just
a figure of speech. Same for you, Sorni.)

You said, somewhere, that the route for next year's AMB-ID was picked.
I cannot, for the life of me, find any reference to either your
mention or the trail that was picked. All I can remember is "2 miles
uphill, 14 miles downhill, more technical than 2003 AMB-ID." Does
this ring ANY bells at all? [fscking memory - see what happens when
you get old?]

Twenty mile Creek- Duck lake. It starts pretty high, 6500'?

Anyway, could you shed some light on this for a poor soul? And when
you say "more technical", please compare it to some partion of the
Loon Lake Death March for comparison.

from what I have heard, the first two miles are "interesting" ;-)

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=...G25&size=l&u=0

general vicinity.

Thanks, man - I appreciate it.

Spider

P.S. Next summer, if you need a guy to be up at 0500 to move vehicles
around for shuttling bikes, I'm your guy. No more 0900 (scheduled)
1200 (actual) start times, hmmm?

ay yup, On this one the ideal thing would be to have a non rider pick us up
with a truck or two. us at the end of the day as the exit is very close to
town. Or, put the early risers to work, I don't mind.

Penny

Old September 24th 03, 06:40 PM
BB

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:17:23 -0700, Penny S wrote:

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=...G25&size=l&u=0

Any ideas of a nearby town? My map software currently shows this as a
12.5-hour drive (one-way). Yikes!

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old September 24th 03, 06:46 PM
Penny S

BB scrawled in bright red lipstick:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:17:23 -0700, Penny S wrote:

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=...G25&size=l&u=0

Any ideas of a nearby town? My map software currently shows this as a
12.5-hour drive (one-way). Yikes!

McCall... the trail head is just about 1.5 miles S of Duck lake, about 17.5
miles from town on the Lick Summit road.

Spider, I had to drive by the trailhead on my way to retrieve Mr Adventure
from his epic ride.

It's in the Idaho Gazetter if you have it. Key locators are Lick Summit, and
Upper Payette Lake.

( so smack me for posting it....)

Penny

Old September 25th 03, 04:47 AM
Paladin

(Spider) wrote in message . com...
Hey, big fella (shut up, Rimmer - and don't get to excited - it's just
a figure of speech. Same for you, Sorni.)

You said, somewhere, that the route for next year's AMB-ID was picked.
I cannot, for the life of me, find any reference to either your
mention or the trail that was picked. All I can remember is "2 miles
uphill, 14 miles downhill, more technical than 2003 AMB-ID." Does
this ring ANY bells at all? [fscking memory - see what happens when
you get old?]

Anyway, could you shed some light on this for a poor soul? And when
you say "more technical", please compare it to some partion of the
Loon Lake Death March for comparison.

Thanks, man - I appreciate it.

Spider

Penny nailed it. Here's a write-up of a ride Adam and I did early
last summer, approaching it from the other side:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ke.*%26safe%3D
ff%26scoring%3Dd%26selm%3Db9df8744.0209230843.6308 5cc5%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D5

Here's a write-up description of sorts on the Twenty-Mile Creek
section which will be all downhill, taken off mtbr:

Trail Info
The trail is undulating with many minor ups and downs. It begins in a
5+/- year old burned section of forest then quickly enters some thick
wooded sections. It continues in and out of burned forest that is
recovering very well from the fire. There are numerous small stream
crossings, some on small bridges, lots of roots, water bars, loose and
fixed rocks that can make this very technical for first-timers and
delightfully exciting for experts. Beginners will need coaching and
basic skills before tackling this one. There are some very short
sections you will want to walk your bike over the rocks but not many.
You will also find a tree across the trail now and then. It can be
very fast through the meadows and smooth sections. There is a surprise
around every corner.

I think I remember a couple walk spots, or at least a few dabs. I
plan to be on a boing-boing for this one, though, for sure.

A riding buddy did the whole thing up to Duck Lake, then on down
20-Mile Creek. He said its a ride to respect and take your time on.
Don't we always??? he he he.

Paladin
Old September 25th 03, 12:01 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"Spider" wrote in message
om...
Hey, big fella (shut up, Rimmer

I'll shut up when the **** I please, you small piece of lowlife arachnid
scum.

Shaun aRe

Old September 26th 03, 02:35 AM
gabrielle

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:46:33 -0700, Penny S wrote:

BB scrawled in bright red lipstick:

Any ideas of a nearby town? My map software currently shows this as a
12.5-hour drive (one-way). Yikes!

McCall... the trail head is just about 1.5 miles S of Duck lake, about
17.5 miles from town on the Lick Summit road.

Excellent. McC's about my limit for weekend road trips.

12 1/2 hours? What is that, "Your Father's Oldsmobile" Map software?

gabrielle "Pedal to the Metal"
Old September 26th 03, 02:43 AM
gabrielle

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:47:21 -0700, Paladin wrote:

(Spider) wrote in message
. com...

Anyway, could you shed some light on this for a poor soul? And when
you say "more technical", please compare it to some partion of the Loon
Lake Death March for comparison.

Death March? That was a lovely ride.

Penny nailed it. Here's a write-up of a ride Adam and I did early last
summer, approaching it from the other side:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ke.*%26safe%3D
ff%26scoring%3Dd%26selm%3Db9df8744.0209230843.6308 5cc5%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D5

Or:
http://tinyurl.com/opk8

Sounds ....challen*cough* lovely! I missed that the first time around as
well.

A riding buddy did the whole thing up to Duck Lake, then on down 20-Mile
Creek. He said its a ride to respect and take your time on. Don't we
always??? he he he.

We sure take our time at lunch.

Pass the cookies.

gabrielle

PING the az super go guy Penny S Mountain Biking 16 September 16th 03 05:00 PM
RR the tour guide ( ping Doug Taylor) Penny S Mountain Biking 2 September 15th 03 11:42 PM
PING JD!! voodoo Mountain Biking 25 August 18th 03 04:13 AM
PING: Commander Bond & BB Paladin Mountain Biking 9 July 19th 03 10:39 AM