Creep.

Old November 25th 03, 06:22 AM
Fredzep

Default Creep.

I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a
hiker. The leading rider stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and
the hiker starts telling the rider that we were on a hiking-only trail in a
rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but didn't
seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then
his friend road up the hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him
the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but was
not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I
assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding off
road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He
tried to give these riders false information just to louse them up. What a
creep.

Fredzep

Old November 25th 03, 07:19 AM
Q.

"Fredzep" wrote in message
[...]

Information is power ... I always know how legal I am. If any hikers (or
anyone else for that matter) tries to tell me different I'll know ... and if
they try to KEEP me from going where I legally can, then I gently (chya
right) tell then that unlawful detainment is a felony crime.

C.Q.C.

Old November 25th 03, 07:47 AM
John Morgan

the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but
was
not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I
assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding

off
road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He
tried to give these riders false information just to louse them up. What a
creep.

Fredzep

He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would you
react if you found equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited?
Find your Zen and there will be trails enough for all. =)

-John Morgan

Old November 25th 03, 07:53 AM
Fredzep

"John Morgan" wrote in message
the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but

was
Fredzep

He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would

you
react if you found equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited?
Find your Zen and there will be trails enough for all. =)

-John Morgan

The tone of the guy voice indicated otherwise, he sounded like a smart ass.
Also, he did not correct me or try to argue with me when I told the first
rider he was in the right. I actually intervened because I thought it would
get ugly.

Fredzep

Old November 25th 03, 08:16 AM
Fredzep

"John Morgan" wrote in message
the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but

was
not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits.

assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding

off
road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He
tried to give these riders false information just to louse them up. What

creep.

Fredzep

He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would

you
react if you found equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited?
Find your Zen and there will be trails enough for all. =)

-John Morgan

(I'm resending this because it didn't show up on server,sorry if it went
through already.)

Old November 25th 03, 08:27 AM
Paladin

Fredzep wrote:

[...]

Another confirmed siting of the Vandemaniac.

Paladin

Old November 25th 03, 08:30 AM
Fredzep

"Paladin" wrote in message ...
Another confirmed siting of the Vandemaniac.

Paladin

I thought of that but was afraid to mention that name.

Fredzep

Old November 25th 03, 01:16 PM
MTB Lover

John Morgan wrote:
the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but

was

not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I
assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding

off

road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He
tried to give these riders false information just to louse them up. What a
creep.

Fredzep

He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would you
react if you found equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited?
Find your Zen and there will be trails enough for all. =)

-John Morgan

I am with you on this one, I would have just said 'thanks' and been on
my way.

--
Jerry

remove the nospam and the period to email me.

Old November 25th 03, 06:58 PM
JD

"Fredzep" wrote in message ...
[...]

Shoot him a bird and laugh at him the next time you see him.

JD
Old November 25th 03, 09:34 PM
Dave Adnum

"Fredzep" wrote in message
[...]

come up to canada.. im my area there are no "illegal" trails.. jus trails
that people use for what they want.

dave