Best Muni/Trials Shoe

Old January 6th 09, 07:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
critter

Default Best Muni/Trials Shoe

MuniAddict;1102581 wrote:
Here's the new version: http://tinyurl.com/49rlko

I have three pair of the first version and they are the absolute best
shoe for MUni/coker/trials, ect that I have ever owned! Incredible grip,
long wearing, very comfy with ankle protection.

you sold me dude!

steveyo;1103991 wrote:
I have the older version 5.10 Impacts (like MuniAddict's 1st link), 2
pairs, in fact. They're great for everything uni, *-except ankle sprain
protection-*. They're not high enough around the ankle to prevent
sprains.

I have had two serious sprains with mine. Perhaps the newer ones are
high enough?

I use lightwt ankle braces like Kevin (phlegm) for rough muni.

I got the 5/10s and like them a lot. I stopped wearing my ankle
supports because they seem so beefy.
I haven't kick a boulder yet, but the toes seems pretty protected.

I like them with the schlumpf too. I shift with the ankles instead of
the heels.

--
critter

MUni! The closest I'll ever get to bull riding!
Old January 6th 09, 12:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

The house of the Old lady who, to my knowledge lives in a shoe, offers
for some great urban trials.

--
tobbogonist

Not even beetles are safe from wizards.

tread cautiously.

I just released a regular jelly into a group of
jellyfish, It was powerfull.
Old January 6th 09, 12:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

critter;1165213 wrote:

I got the 5/10s and like them a lot. I stopped wearing my ankle
supports because they seem so beefy.

same for me: I started wearing a pair of 5/10 hi impact and stopped
using 661 ankle support. some time ago I had a very bad fall including a
bad twist for my ankles and survived (almost) unarmed. (too bad I also
severely twisted my wrist: now I wear huge hockey wrist protections all
the time).

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
Old January 7th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniFREAK134

i just wear vans/skatingshoes. but hey, what do i know. ive had tape on
my ankles more then once.

--
uniFREAK134
Old January 7th 09, 02:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

5 10 impact2 is amazing. My mom found a bike shop near by where i live
that always keeps them stocked.

--
Tyler_N

*uniproshop.com*
'' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTWXrpx-vnc)
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PPpcKrm1A)

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Old January 7th 09, 02:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

I'm happy to see that so many people have bought the 5.10 high impacts!
Glad mine and others reviews could help.

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old January 7th 09, 02:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

I would not get the 510 impacts for trials.
Trials riders need flexibility and ease of movement. I'd hate to ride a
rail with these shoes.

--
Danni

'Trials Tutorials' (http://municycle.ca/teamcanadablog/blog6.php?blog=6)
Old January 7th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Danni;1165934 wrote:
...I'd hate to ride a rail with these shoes.

Me too! I'd rather use my trials for that, lol! Although that might be
fun come to think of it..."shoe grinding!"

Old January 7th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dangerlaef

MuniAddict;1165936 wrote:
Me too! I'd rather use my trials for that, lol! Although that might be
fun come to think of it..."shoe grinding!"

Sounds like you need Grind shoes :

http://tinyurl.com/8hcmj2

--
dangerlaef

-"Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia"-

'Some of my Skydiving' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOQRf_Dhk9E)

'Some tame Aussie MUni' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFttvIzhNws)

'Sydney to Wollongong by Unicycle'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=magizTRgiI0)
Old January 7th 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

If I wore those Impacts, my feet would burn up in the summer. I have to
wear white or light colored shoes for summer Muni rides. I wear stiff
soled (usually meaning New Balance) running shoes that have a bridge in
the arch.

I wear McDavid ankle braces. 'These have a slot where you can add a
stiffener' (http://tinyurl.com/9bh9hh). I made my own inserts from a
sheet of 24X36X1/16" plastic. I've tried thicker plastic, but it was
uncomfortable because it wouldn't mold to my food, putting a lot of
pressure on my ankles.

I tried that lace up brace w/ the velcro straps in the store and if
felt like it had a bit more support than my McDavid's, but not even
close when I added my inserts.

Swede-O makes
some
similar braces. They have more lace eyelets and if you use them,
a tad more support. But my McDavid's allow me to put in slightly bigger
inserts, making the McD's more supportive w/ them.

A couple of arguments for braces are you have a much wider selection of
shoes, and each brace has lasted me at least as long as 2 pairs of
shoes.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'

Hey all of you fellow Trials/Street riders, what are some shoe recommendations? TrialsUni Unicycling 39 November 11th 07 10:01 PM
Muni shoe vivalargo Unicycling 32 August 13th 07 09:28 PM
MUni shoe contender--Merrell Continuum Jam tholub Unicycling 4 February 4th 07 04:07 PM
trials or muni underdog Unicycling 0 May 24th 06 08:56 PM
My new trials Muni Tigger Unicycling 9 January 12th 06 03:21 AM