in praise of sjs cycles

Old June 5th 06, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default in praise of sjs cycles

SJS cycles.

They may not be the cheapest - but they provided me with excellent service.

I bought a childs bike from them - a woody walky, sort of a cheap
like-a-bike copy, from ebay.

It arrived Wednesday. Putting it together, I discovered it had a wobbly
wheel.

Emailed them Thursday morning.

Replacement wheel arrived Friday lunchtime by courier post.

Peter

Old June 5th 06, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Well I've bought a lot of stuff from them down the years, but my friend
Mick Lehane had a frame break after several years and they welshed on
the "lifetime guarantee" with some bull****.
A guarantee should be a guarantee. After all their stuff is expensive.

Old June 5th 06, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Peter" wrote in message
SJS cycles.

They may not be the cheapest - but they provided me with excellent
service.

I bought a childs bike from them - a woody walky, sort of a cheap
like-a-bike copy, from ebay.

It arrived Wednesday. Putting it together, I discovered it had a wobbly
wheel.

Emailed them Thursday morning.

Replacement wheel arrived Friday lunchtime by courier post.

Peter

Not the sort of service I got. Bought a Thorn frame with a Datatag. When it
arrived I had a Scantag instead. When I tried to register the number I found
the Scantag was no longer in business. Robin Thorn said he'd send me a
Datatag but despite several followups I never received it. Fine frame
though.

Ken.

Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
Anti theft measures for cycles stored in garages, sheds etc? DC Techniques 19 September 13th 04 04:13 PM
South West trains doesn't want cyclists as 'customers'... Howard UK 363 July 20th 04 11:42 PM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM