"Liquid Drive" bike prototype at auction

Old December 1st 03, 01:45 AM
meb

Default "Liquid Drive" bike prototype at auction

Rick Onanian wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:35:44 -0600, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Rick Onanian wrote:
... How about a bike shaped like a cow? That would be cool....

See http://www.chicagotraveler.com/cows/235.jpg]http://www.chicagotra-
veler.com/cows/235.jpg[/url]

That's a trike. Close enough...where can I get one?
Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

--
Rick "Moooooooo" Onanian

Not a bike or trike but a quad:

http://www.spril.com/images/KineticSculpture2002/

Have a cow man.

Old December 1st 03, 03:17 AM
Richard

Default Recumbent bikes (was: "Liquid Drive" bike prototype at auction)

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...
Richard wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...
I occasionally see recumbents wobbling along on
my local bicycle path, but have never inspected
a dead one's anatomy--possibly there is a secret
recumbent graveyard.

I certainly did not write the above text. Please be more careful with
your attributions when quoting.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

My apologies, Tom. I lost track of which post I snipped out a part to respond to.
Richard
Old December 1st 03, 04:29 AM
Carl Fogel

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...

[snip all relevant matter]

[3] http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

Dear Tom,

How do you scratch your nose in that
impressive body-sock?

Carl Fogel
Old December 1st 03, 05:24 AM
Tom Sherman

Carl Fogel wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...

[snip all relevant matter]

[3] http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

Dear Tom,

How do you scratch your nose in that
impressive body-sock?

There are zippered armholes in each side for hand signaling and there is
also a zipper along the top of the sock.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
Old December 1st 03, 05:46 AM
Tom Sherman

meb wrote:

Didn't Freddie Markham join the 70 mph club in the last couple of
months?

Yes and no. "Fast Freddie" had a run exceeding 70-mph, but the wind
conditions were not legal for record setting. [1]

Matt Weaver and Sean Costin have also exceeded 70-mph.

[1] http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whpsc2003/results.htm
[2] http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whpsc2002/results.htm
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whpsc2001/resultsspreadsheet.htm

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
Old December 1st 03, 08:44 AM
meb

BTW: the auction ended two hours ago.

Old December 1st 03, 03:29 PM

Default Recumbent bikes

In rec.bicycles.misc John Foltz wrote:
: them. Most US recumbents are, at best, the equivalent of riding an
: upright on the hoods. Bike-E in particular, liked to quote recumbent
: speed advantages, glossing over the fact that their design was
: actually *worse* than a typical road bike.

BikeE is hardly a substitute for a road bike.

If you put aerobars and homebrew wheeldisks on a typical road
bike, you probably wouldn't be much worse off than with a lowracer
without such enhancements.

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/hpv/hpv.html
varis at no spam please iki fi
Old December 1st 03, 03:46 PM

In rec.bicycles.misc John Foltz wrote:

: Disadvantages of a fairing like mine or the one in the second pic:
: they add 3-4 pounds to the bike, and they have to be removed for
: transport. Mine is designed to come off in less than 30 seconds. The
: clear ones come off by removing 4 nylon wingnuts. While I love
: riding with it, I haven't used it at all this year. Sometimes the
: feeling of riding a lighter bike is good, too.

And in hot weather, they are still providing some extra warmth...

Old December 1st 03, 06:36 PM
Carl Fogel

Carl Fogel wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...

[snip all relevant matter]

[3] http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

Dear Tom,

How do you scratch your nose in that
impressive body-sock?

There are zippered armholes in each side for hand signaling and there is
also a zipper along the top of the sock.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

Dear Tom,

Am I right in thinking that the zippered armhole
in the picture is the faint, dark, descending
curve that goes across your upper arm?

And come to think of it, how do you get into
it? It doesn't look as if you could seat yourself
and then pull it back over your head or forward,
so maybe it's stretchy enough to pull up and
get in from the side? Or does the zipper along
the top let you step in from the top?

Do you have a web page for this kind of body
sock? Experience suggests that I'll end up with
hundreds of women wearing leotards while bicycling
if I try to search for it myself.

Carl Fogel