Bicycle Wheel Building Workshop - Saturday 10 Nov 2012 in Cambridge

Old September 30th 12, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Green[_6_]

Default Bicycle Wheel Building Workshop - Saturday 10 Nov 2012 in Cambridge

This is a practical workshop where you learn how to assemble, true and
optimise bicycle wheels using proven techniques based on sound
principles. I concentrate on teaching you how to build strong and
durable wheels of ’standard’ (eg. cross-3) pattern. Radial, mixed and
other exotic lacing patterns are not demonstrated, but the skills you
learn provide the best foundation for attempting them later if you
wish.

Whether you simply want to replace an occasional broken spoke, true
existing wheels or hand build a complete wheel, this workshop gives
you the knowledge, skills and confidence you need in a controlled
environment. I restrict class size to ensure a high teacher-student
ratio.

Details
------
Date: Sat 10 Nov 2012
Time: 10am-5pm
Location: Queen Edith Community Primary School, Godwin Way,
Cambridge, CB1 8QP
Cost: £75

You can download the current Information Sheet he
http://www.davidwgreen.talktalk.net/..._1day_info.pdf

Enrollment details and questions
Please email

Date: * * * *Sat 10 Nov 2012
Time: * * * *10am-5pm
Location: * Queen Edith Community Primary School, Godwin Way,
* * * * * * * * *Cambridge, CB1 8QP
Cost: * * * * £75

You can download the current Information Sheet hehttp://www.davidwgreen.talktalk.net/..._1day_info.pdf

Enrollment details and questions
Please email

Looks fun! Thanks David.

Date: * * * *Sat 10 Nov 2012
Time: * * * *10am-5pm
Location: * Queen Edith Community Primary School, Godwin Way,
* * * * * * * * *Cambridge, CB1 8QP
Cost: * * * * £75

You can download the current Information Sheet hehttp://www.davidwgreen.talktalk.net/..._1day_info.pdf

Enrollment details and questions
Please email

Tighten it till the rim buckles and back off a bit is not an optimal
wheel, it's a buckled wheel near the point of collapse