Why so stupid

Old March 11th 07, 05:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

Default Why so stupid

I'm walking during day light to the apartment which is rare. Up
againest the dumpster is a Specialized Rockhopper HT 03 is the year
and I've seen that bike in action so many times in the past. So I look
it up and down I can fix it. Needs a derailleur and hang-er. So I
pick it up and head for home and my shop (spare room). Its really
lite. I get on line to locate a derailleur hanger and send out a few
emails to LBS for the same reason. The LBS come up 0. I find one for
lest then ten bucks plus shiping comes to less then 15 bucks. While I
wait for the part I'll go deep into this new find. Big ring is bent no
problem fixed. Front QR spings are in the wrong place. Okay no rear V
brake pads got them too. No cable anker bolt got spares. No front
derailleur L&H screws got them also. Got a spare rear derailleur too.
Now I go to ajust rear brake and find I can't thats no brake cable but
a gear cable. Well I got the right cable in my bag of tricks too. But
I better just wait till the hanger comes in then I can install it,rear
wheel,rear derailleur,and brake cable and make all ajustment I need
to. I'll run out to get some touch up paint today. By weeks end I'll
test ride it or I can sell it back to the stupid mother F er that
owned it. At lest he won't get killed or hurt on it.

Old March 11th 07, 06:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 11, 9:46 am, "Crazy Fred" wrote:
[...]

Great post Fred! Free is good...

JD

Old March 11th 07, 09:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
pauly

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:46:45 -0700, Crazy Fred wrote
(in article .com):

[...]

a little knowledge and a few spare parts go along way

Pauly

Old March 11th 07, 09:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On Mar 11, 2:59 pm, "JD" wrote:
[...]

JD- Hide quoted text -

I couldn't stop working on it, changed that gear cable to a brake
cable. And routed the rear derailleur cable and thinking about pulling
out the rear XT derailleur from the spare parts box. Did some more
like putting shifters,levers,and bars in their right places. Free is
good but some people have to work at being stupid or their born that
way. Tires are in really fine shape and need of air. Rims are
true,cassette,hub free body,are all fine and greased now. Checked out
hubs okay. This fined would hit the landfill no time soon.

Old March 12th 07, 07:02 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
troutish

"Crazy Fred" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

90% (or better) of the population judge the condition of a bike by how much
air is in the wheels. As in, "That they-are used to be a right fancy bike,
but its been jus a sittin around fer a cupla years now with no air in tha
wheels. BUUHUUUHP! Garsh!"

Old March 12th 07, 12:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
David W

"Crazy Fred" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

words to live by: " ya can't cure stupid"

Good job with the bike....but maybe you're spelling can get tossed by a
dumpster and fixed next time...

just a thought...

Old March 12th 07, 02:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paul Boyd

David W said the following on 12/03/2007 12:23:

Good job with the bike....but maybe you're spelling can get tossed by a
dumpster and fixed next time...

That should be "your spelling" :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Old March 12th 07, 05:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paul Boyd

On 12/03/2007 16:20, David W said,
I know, I through that in there for someone else...meaning it didn't mean
much...

That should be - oh, never mind - you know :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old March 12th 07, 06:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
BB

On 11 Mar 2007 10:46:45 -0700, Crazy Fred wrote:
Up againest the dumpster is a Specialized Rockhopper HT 03 is the year
and I've seen that bike in action so many times in the past.

Nice!

When I was in college, I was working my way through school and didn't have
lots of money for gifts. I found a ten-speed (that's all there was in the
'70s), and was able to get it in good working condition for about $10 plus
a lot of parts from the junk bin at the LBS. So I gave her a bike for $10!

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address