What bottom bracket do I need?

Old July 29th 03, 08:40 PM
Sheldon Brown

Default What bottom bracket do I need?

Boyd Speerschneider wrote:

I have an old Fuji team bike which I am renovating.
I just had it repainted.
When I took it apart, I was careful to write the bottom bracket, headse=

t, and seatpost size down.
But I lost the paper on which this stuff was written
Now I need to know what size bottom bracket I need.
The seatpost and headset I can figure out.
=20
The bottom bracket is 68mm standard shell size.
It will have a Shimano 105 double square-splined crankset put on it.
The crankset part # is FC-01056.

I believe you can find the answer at http://sheldonbrown.com/bbsize

Sheldon "Numbers" Brown
| I will be making my grand opera debut in a |
| Concert Performance of Bizet=92s Carmen |
| July 31/August 1, M.I.T. Kresge Auditorium |
| Cambridge, Mass http://web.mit.edu/gsp/www/ |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Old July 29th 03, 09:24 PM
Boyd Speerschneider

Sheldon Brown wrote in news:3F26CDB5.2090600
@sheldonbrown.com:

Boyd Speerschneider wrote:

I have an old Fuji team bike which I am renovating.
I just had it repainted.
When I took it apart, I was careful to write the bottom bracket, headse

t, and seatpost size down.
But I lost the paper on which this stuff was written
Now I need to know what size bottom bracket I need.
The seatpost and headset I can figure out.

The bottom bracket is 68mm standard shell size.
It will have a Shimano 105 double square-splined crankset put on it.
The crankset part # is FC-01056.

I believe you can find the answer at http://sheldonbrown.com/bbsize

Sheldon "Numbers" Brown
| I will be making my grand opera debut in a |
| Concert Performance of Bizet’s Carmen |
| July 31/August 1, M.I.T. Kresge Auditorium |
| Cambridge, Mass http://web.mit.edu/gsp/www/ |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Thank you Sheldon!!!!
You're the best.

- Boyd S.

ps. When are you going to do an article on handlebar tape (hint hint)?