Freakin tubes keep popping

Old October 2nd 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

Default Freakin tubes keep popping

Does it mess up the compression at all? For hops, I mean?

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

spazdude222 wrote:
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a
girl.

Old October 2nd 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

dudewithasock;1106129 wrote:
Does it mess up the compression at all? For hops, I mean?

Nope, I dont think youll even feel it. I never have. Its also really
easy. Cutting around the valve is actually the hardest part lol. there
is a seem that runs right around the tire. Get a pair of scissors on it,
and just pull the tire through.

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Old October 2nd 08, 05:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

Do I seal it back up, or just kinda leave it open like a sleeve?

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

Old October 2nd 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Leave it open. Pump up your tire a little bit, and put on the rim, then
wrap the cut tire onto it, and then slide it all into the tire. And its
normal procedure from there.

Tore? Sounds like a snakebite, cause some of those can be pretty long
cuts. Might want to pump up your tire a few psi more than normal.

Old October 2nd 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

I do that anyway.

I'll try what you're suggesting, though I found some 2.25" tubes online
and bought some, but I dunno when they'll be here.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

Old October 2nd 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

Jerrick;1106114 wrote:
You buy actual trial tubes. 19x2.5, you just need to order it from an
online shop.

Are you patching your tubes or buying new ones?

N O ! ! d o n ' t b u y a 1 9 \ " t u b e i t w i l l
b e h u g e ! 1 5 \ " i s t h e b e s t s i z e , a n d
i f t h e y d o n t ' h a v e t h a t g e t a 1 6 , i '
v e h a d t r o u b l e w / t h e 1 4 \ " . . . 2 . 7 5 -
3 . 5 g i r t h d i a m e t e r

get this right.

19" =rim w/ 2 inch tire mounted
rim = 15" diameter, how everything but bicycles is measured

i popped my tube a ton of times in one day (like 6 or 8) and got a
motorcycle tube, that hasn't popped but once because it was too low,
between the tire and rim, and i jumped off an 8 set...
you get the idea... they don't pop if you care at all about them.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"
Old October 2nd 08, 06:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
StephenH

A couple of times, I've had a blowout on my Torker LX. I think what
happened was that the tire managed to slip off the rim on one side, the
tube blew out, and the tire went back on the rim. So I had a low Bang,
a flat tire still on the rim with no visible damage, and a tube with a
big hole on the part where the tire joins the wheel.

Make sure that isn't what is happening to you. That's not a tube
blowing out from being undersized, it's a tire/rim issue.

--
StephenH
Old October 2nd 08, 06:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

StephenH;1106145 wrote:
A couple of times, I've had a blowout on my Torker LX. I think what
happened was that the tire managed to slip off the rim on one side, the
tube blew out, and the tire went back on the rim. So I had a low Bang,
a flat tire still on the rim with no visible damage, and a tube with a
big hole on the part where the tire joins the wheel.

Make sure that isn't what is happening to you. That's not a tube
blowing out from being undersized, it's a tire/rim issue.

thats the only way i've popped a motorcycle tube, but this is a bigger
problem with trials tires because they are supposed to flex, and
periodically, if you put a lot of pressure on the tire in a sideways
direction, it gives enough to pull the bead off the rim and catch the
tube... then the next time that part of the wheel goes to the ground, it
rips the tube and makes it explode.

Old October 2nd 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

The thing is with all this, I also use my qu-ax for learning
street/flatland stuff, so I don't want a tube that would limit anything
there.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

Old October 2nd 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

skrobo;1106143 wrote:
N O ! ! d o n ' t b u y a 1 9 \ " t u b e i t w i l l b
e h u g e ! 1 5 \ " i s t h e b e s t s i z e , a n d i
f t h e y d o n t ' h a v e t h a t g e t a 1 6 , i ' v
e h a d t r o u b l e w / t h e 1 4 \ " . . . 2 . 7 5 - 3
. 5 g i r t h d i a m e t e r

get this right.

19" =rim w/ 2 inch tire mounted
rim = 15" diameter, how everything but bicycles is measured

i popped my tube a ton of times in one day (like 6 or 8) and got a
motorcycle tube, that hasn't popped but once because it was too low,
between the tire and rim, and i jumped off an 8 set...
you get the idea... they don't pop if you care at all about them.

I wasnt talking about moto tubes. If your buying a bicycle trial tube,
it will be a 19x2.5. They have them even thicker going into the 4 inch
range if you order from canada or uk. So I wasnt wrong with what I said
in my alst post. =p

Your right about mototubes though. Those actually go by the diameter of
the rim.