AUS unicyclist attempts frontflip.

Old November 12th 08, 10:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Default AUS unicyclist attempts frontflip.

sigve;1129818 wrote:
Fail..

You're from: USA
They're from: Australia

It's sad

Maybe John has moved to Australia (in disguise) and has adapted to our
weather conditions.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

*'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)*
Old November 12th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

kidmuni;1129596 wrote:
Unless you only make a half rotation, then your screwed.

You have to be really bad to leck on your neck on a frontflip.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y
Old November 12th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

^^^^^^^^^
I often see pro skiers and snowboarders under/over rotate and land on
their heads.

Impressive attempt, but more of a likelyhood of landing on his head
than most other tricks, so a helmet would have been good.

A front flip is easier to do and can be done w/ a smaller drop. In a
back flip you can see your landing and it's a lot harder to under/over
rotate, and if you do it's easier to bail.

One issue w/ wearing helmets and other protection is who pays the
medical bills? If you don't have insurance everyone else pays. If you
do, mostly you pay in higher future premiums, but also everyone else
(insured by that company, others, and for uni events).

I wear a helmet while doing just about anything challenging or on the
road (there are a lot of stupid drivers out there).

W/ brain damage, it just takes one bad hit, and is easier to protect
from than other injuries.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old November 13th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
napalm

i agree with skilewis74- on the front vs back flip idea. I was a
national spring board diver so i have spent lots of time on trampolines
and at the pool. With a back sault you can spot your landing after only
1/2 a rotation. With a forwad one you loose sight after 1/2 a rotation.

From what i have seen of the front saults attempted on uni's, it looks
as though they choose to go forwads because it is easier to set up with
the massive pre hop. I think it would be harder to get used to doing a
big backwards prehop-Especially for the street/trials riders who are
comfortable with the forwads pre hop from all their other riding
experince.

cant wait to see the first back sault, back sault 1/2 twist to roll out
etc on uni's.

mark

--
napalm

you wont do it...your SCARED!
"We are all racing towards death. No matter how many great,
intellectual conclusionswe draw during our lives, we know they are only
man made, like God"
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/LAVISs-stuff
Old November 13th 08, 08:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

napalm;1130246 wrote:
i agree with skilewis74- on the front vs back flip idea. I was a
national spring board diver so i have spent lots of time on trampolines
and at the pool. With a back sault you can spot your landing after only
1/2 a rotation. With a forwad one you loose sight after 1/2 a rotation.

From what i have seen of the front saults attempted on uni's, it looks
as though they choose to go forwads because it is easier to set up with
the massive pre hop. I think it would be harder to get used to doing a
big backwards prehop-Especially for the street/trials riders who are
comfortable with the forwads pre hop from all their other riding
experince.

cant wait to see the first back sault, back sault 1/2 twist to roll out
etc on uni's.

mark

Goodgod would those look amazing! Specially when we can do it without
a tuck and be fully extended. It would be like watching the divers do
their spins and flips. =p

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Old November 13th 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

corbin;1128846 wrote:
Whoa, I can't believe that *no one* was wearing a helmet. That is just
plain crazy! I guess we'll let Darwin take care of things.

corbin

Preach it.
And no, I don't think I'm going to put my helmet-thoughts in my sig.
Every time I see someone setting a bad/dangerous example/precedent for
other, younger unicyclists to follow, I'm going to speak up.
Just the way I was raised I guess.

john_childs;1129825 wrote:
The lack of an emoticon was obviously too subtle.

As subtle as a Schoppenhauer tank plowing thru a field of daisies.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'Seager'
(http://tinyurl.com/62anrw) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)