Hand driven Unicycle

Old December 4th 04, 10:04 PM
drewation

well miy friend is in welding and i have a spare 24" uni with lollipop
bearing. so im gonna put together a few design ideas from andrew carters
idea (hope you dont mind ) and a couple of my own and we well see
what we can come up with. the only thing is with the girrafe uni. if hye
has a leg injury i dont think he will be able to stand that well and it
is really tall. also its almost like riding a ultimate wheel it probably
is really hard to ride and if your have a seat it would help by keeping
it straight. also im guessing that he is not that young (no offence or
maybe you are im not sure) but i think he wants one that he can ride for
lond periods of time. and well you do it over the seat by peddeling with
your hands its really hard to keep your balance you cant really see
where you are going and you have to have abs of steal. also it looks
kinda wierd (no offence). the only thing is getting on it without using
a pole or something i dont know how you would. so ya im gonna try and
design one and i hope it works out. its gonna take a lot of testing
though.

--
drewation - stoons finest

why take the bus when you can uni
drewation's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8274

Old January 5th 05, 05:07 PM
fontiminal

Did you manage to get any design ideas written down? Or perhaps get as
far as making something?

Am contemplating selling my four unicycles, sniff, I don't dare use
them, a damn shame.

Happy New year everyone.

JJ

--
fontiminal - Level 3.9 Rider

- - - -
- - - -
fontiminal's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5049

Old January 5th 05, 07:10 PM
johnfoss

fontiminal wrote:
*Your feet just sit on pegs and your arms rotate two peddles that are
in front of you.*

I just noticed that the original post did not mention sitting down. So
you can do it by adding pegs to a giraffe unicycle, similar to the
picture I posted above.

The problem is, you'll still have to learn to ride it, which will
involve lots of catching yourself to prevent falling on face. Believe
me, I know. That always seems to be the problem with unicycling if you
have injuries. Riding might be fine, but sometimes you need your joints,
muscles, and quick reflexes to keep you from getting scraped up.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old January 10th 05, 03:16 AM
fontiminal

johnfoss wrote:
*I just noticed that the original post did not mention sitting down.
So you can do it by adding pegs to a giraffe unicycle, similar to the
picture I posted above.

The problem is, you'll still have to learn to ride it, which will
involve lots of catching yourself to prevent falling on face. Believe
me, I know. That always seems to be the problem with unicycling if you
have injuries. Riding might be fine, but sometimes you need your
joints, muscles, and quick reflexes to keep you from getting scraped
up. *

No I intend for it to have a seat, I like the idea of the giraffe. With
a seat attached at some angle and then ones feet on some pegs, then
motion generated by ones arms.

Is this actually possible?

My biggest fear would be being struck in the face by the hand
mechanism!

JJ

--
fontiminal - Uss Soclater

- - - -
- - - -
fontiminal's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5049

Old December 11th 08, 10:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mr.UNIversal

Default Hand driven Unicycle

happy i came across this thread im buildin one soon as im only 16 and
weigh 60 kilos and ive got bad arm muscl development so that y i thought
it will have 26 inch weel and maybe gears and brakes ive got a paint of
it will send it

|Filename: arm uni.bmp |

mr.UNIversal
Old December 11th 08, 10:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Hawo fontiminal.

I found these 3 unicycles.
*1) *'Hand powered unicycle.' (http://tinyurl.com/5t972r)
*2) *'Monowheel.' (http://tinyurl.com/66tbl6)
*3) *'Motorised Monowheel.' (http://tinyurl.com/5zm2hf)

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

*'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)*

Unicycle ascent/descent of Mt. Evans - 14,264 feet gbarnes Unicycling 19 August 11th 04 02:48 AM
surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 10:38 PM
NZ Unicycle Weekend GizmoDuck Unicycling 6 November 3rd 03 07:37 AM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM