Survey - Lorry Drivers vs Cyclists

Old January 17th 10, 01:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Road_Hog

Default Survey - Lorry Drivers vs Cyclists

"JMS" wrote in message
There is a running thread in uk.rec.cycling.moderated about a survey
being done for the CTC regarding cyclists and lorry drivers.

Some have said that the design of the survey is totally biased in
favour of cyclists

The site says : "If you are a regular cyclist, please answer the 10
questions that follow."

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...DNa0bc2A_3d_3d

I do like the balanced and fair nature of the questions in this survey and
the way lorry drivers are treated with respect by those lycra urban
warriors.

Question1) Are lorry drivers ****s.
A) Yes, they're ****s.
B) Yes, mostly they are ****s.
C)Yes, quite often they are ****s.
D)Yes, they're all ****s all of the time.
E) I've never met a lorry driver who isn't a ****.
In this text box section you can add in further thoughts (on why lorry
drivers are ****s and should be banned from the roads.)

Old January 17th 10, 01:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
JMS

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 23:45:05 -0000, Conor wrote:

In article , JMS says...

I expect that many "cyclists" who read uk.transport and uk.rec.driving
will be adding their views :-) That may provide some balance

How can it? It claims " The CTC Accident Line is surveying both cyclists
and lorry drivers " yet where is the lorry side of this?

FFS - I am sorry - I had forgotten that quite a few people here were
actually quite thick.

There will never ever be any balance in that survey - I never
thought otherwise - that was the reason for the post.

Why did I post it here and encourage "cyclists" from uk.transport and
uk.rec.driving to respond?

Any ideas?

Why did I put "cyclists" in quotes?

As I say - ffs.

--
Many cyclists are proving the need for registration by their contempt for the Highway Code and laws.

The answer:
All cyclists over 16 to take compulsory test, have compulsory insurance, and be registered.
Registration number to be clearly visible on the back of mandatory hi-viz vest.
Habitual law breakers' cycles confiscated and crushed.
(With thanks to KeithT for the idea)

Old January 17th 10, 01:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Peter Grange

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:48:38 +0000, JMS
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:34:46 -0000, "OG"
wrote:

"Mike P" wrote in message

"JMS" wrote in message
There is a running thread in uk.rec.cycling.moderated about a survey
being done for the CTC regarding cyclists and lorry drivers.

Some have said that the design of the survey is totally biased in
favour of cyclists

The site says : "If you are a regular cyclist, please answer the 10
questions that follow."

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...DNa0bc2A_3d_3d

Hmm. That's fair and unbiased isn't it?

irony noted
Yup, that pretty much sums up the views of the cyclists who have
responded on urcm. It's not a well drafted survey and the results
shouldn't be taken seriously.

You are right they should not be - it will be interesting to say the
least as to how the results are reported.

I expect that many "cyclists" who read uk.transport and uk.rec.driving
will be adding their views :-) That may provide some balance

You may have read, or not bothered to read, that the majority of
cyclists who have posted have already said the poll is flawed. Are the
motorist fraternity going to "provide some balance" by saying it's a
wonderful survey?
You really are a plonker of the first order.
Old January 17th 10, 01:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Marc[_2_]

On 17/01/2010 00:02, Road_Hog wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

E! Every time! Thanks for giving me the chance to point this out.
A pity that your questions missed out on how bad lorry drivers smell.
Old January 17th 10, 01:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
JMS

wrote:

"Mike P" wrote in message

"JMS" wrote in message
[...]

Whoooooooooooooooosh ----

The survey is a joke.

It matters not one iota what anyone says when they complete it.

The CTC have a habit and record of doing this sort of thing - they are
renowned for deceit. I think that they may even have been chastised
by the ASA or similar for their antics.

The CTC is a joke.

Any ideas why I x-posted to the non-cycling groups?

You are a ****wit - are you a cyclist perchance?

Old January 17th 10, 01:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
JMS

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 00:02:03 -0000, "Road_Hog"
wrote:

"JMS" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Spot on.

That was the "balance" I was looking for :-)

Old January 17th 10, 01:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
JMS

wrote in message
[...]

Hello Round - not seen you for a while.

How are the "extra-curricular" activities? - know what I mean - nudge,
nudge?

Old January 17th 10, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
mileburner

wrote in message
[...]

I'd go for "B", which just goes to show you can get mixed and unbiased
opinions from cyclists. Perhaps Lorry drivers around here are a different
type of **** than they are in your manor. Didn't NM admit that he a) drove a
lorry, and b) drove like a **** when there are cyclists around?

Old January 17th 10, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
NM

On 16 Jan, 21:45, JMS wrote:
There is a running thread in uk.rec.cycling.moderated about a survey
being done for the CTC regarding cyclists and lorry drivers.

Some have said that the design of the survey is totally biased in
favour of cyclists

The site says : "If you are a regular cyclist, please answer the 10
questions that follow."

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...DNa0bc2A_3d_3d

I have x-posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving as there are probably
occasional cyclists who may want to take part in the survey.

--
Many cyclists are proving the need for registration by their contempt for the Highway Code and laws.

The answer:
All cyclists over 16 to take compulsory test, have compulsory insurance, and be registered.
Registration number to be clearly visible on the back of mandatory hi-viz vest.
Habitual law breakers' cycles confiscated and crushed.
(With thanks to KeithT for the idea)

A brainless survey, eminently suitable for cyclists, written using
simple words they can understand. using questions of which they will
certainly approve and already supplied with answers that they will
find acceptable.

As a survey it's worthless.
Old January 17th 10, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Peter Grange

wrote:

"Mike P" wrote in message

"JMS" wrote in message
[...]

I think that's a generally held view.Where does the "balance" from the
motorists come in then?

It matters not one iota what anyone says when they complete it.

The CTC have a habit and record of doing this sort of thing - they are
renowned for deceit. I think that they may even have been chastised
by the ASA or similar for their antics.

The CTC is a joke.

Any ideas why I x-posted to the non-cycling groups?

Because you wanted some "balance" from the 4 wheeled community? I did
ask why, but you chose just to call me a ****wit instead of answering.

You are a ****wit - are you a cyclist perchance?

Hooray, I get to join the "Judith thinks I'm a ****wit" club. We
should get badges made so we can recognise each other in the street,
and develop funny handshakes. We must have enough members by now for
that to be viable.